Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Company: Certain, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionPosition Summary Certain is looking for an engaged and motivated team player to join a team of Sales Development Representatives at one of Silicon Valley’s fast growth SaaS companies. This critical entry to mid-level sales role will be responsible for generating new business opportunities to maximize revenue growth through lead generation and through follow up on events and marketing campaigns. You will learn how to identify and research companies to target and how to develop email, phone and social campaigns to generate new business opportunities. You will build early-stage relationships with marketing executives at Fortune 1000 companies. This position requires a strongly self-motivated, tenacious and results-oriented contributor who can effectively interact with a team, and thrives in an entrepreneurial and customer-focused environment. SDRs must have a strong understanding of the company's products and services, and be ready to effectively communicate Certain’s many solutions to customers. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify new business opportunities to fuel Certain’s pipeline and growth globally, using an account-based sales approach
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates (Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in product areas
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop accounts
- Outbound prospecting to organizations through cold calling and email, and follow up on various web and marketing campaigns and events with the goal of sourcing qualified opportunities
- Identify decision makers to begin the sales conversation
- Support Marketing targeted lead generation initiatives
- Become proficient in sales and marketing software platforms and processes
- Demonstrate the value propositions of Certain’s products and services to potential customers
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Enjoy conducting high level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director), Marketing Managers, and Event Planners in target accounts
- Represent Certain in the marketplace with a high level of integrity, performing ethically and honestly Background and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); College education desirable; or 3 - 6 months related telesales experience and/or training (preferably in related software industry); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfort and proficiency with MS Office, use of the internet, and laptop and mobile device use
- Previous experience with lead research and qualification essential. Display strong ability to communicate with senior executives at enterprise level accounts
- B2B sales experience in related software industry a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and customer success
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines; attention to detail
- Personable, positive, persistent, and energetic with high emotional intelligence and a willingness to learn and ambition to grow within Certain
- Must be effective working independently and in a high-energy, team environment with a healthy competitive atmosphere
- Highly self-motivated and desire to go above and beyond to achieve company goals
- Passionate about technology with an understanding of business processes, roles and organizational structure
- Ability to work onsite at our offices in Chapel Hill, NC with occasional travel required to Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to travel (an average of 1 - 2 times a year and some weekend travel may be required)
- SDRs usually work in a fast-paced office environment. They work an average of 40 hours per week, although overtime work in the weekends or evenings may be required to meet deadlines. Company DescriptionCertain delivers the leading enterprise Event Automation platform helping marketers drive measurable results from their events. With Certain’s suite of end-to-end event products, marketers can capture greater insight into attendee interests for more personalized follow-up. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim, Certain supports tens of thousands of events globally for over 600 enterprises including Oracle, Microsoft and Zendesk.Certain is in the midst of rapid growth as enterprises continue to increase their investment in events as a key marketing strategy and channel. While 30 – 40% of the marketing budget is spent on events, marketers often lack a single platform to deliver a seamless attendee experience at scale while also seeing a strong ROI. Certain is changing the game as the first Event Automation platform that allows marketers to capture attendee data that is seamlessly integrated with Eloqua, Marketo and Salesforce to deliver a highly personalized experience before, during and after live events. We are looking for leaders willing to take on the challenge of upending the event management industry. For more information about Certain, please visit our website at www.certain.com.
Keywords: Certain, Inc., Chapel Hill , Sales Development Representative (SDR), Sales , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!