Heavy Equipment Operator (CDL-A)
Company: A&D Environmental Services
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: September 3, 2019
Operates company vehicles in the loading, hauling and unloading of
various equipment, materials and supplies. Operates heavy equipment
including, but not limited to: backhoes, road graders, front-end
loaders, hydraulic excavators and skid steer loaders. Requirements:
- Three (3) years' experience operating heavy equipment
- Experience loading, hauling and unloading heavy equipment,
materials and supplies
- Experience operating at least four (4) of the following:
Backhoe, Road Grader, Front-end Loader, Hydraulic Excavator, Skid
- Current CDL-A
- No more than two (2) Moving violations or at fault accidents in
the last three (3) years
- No serious traffic violations, out of service orders or
rail/highway grade crossing violations in the last five (5) years
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs basic to moderately complex environmental remediation
and hazardous/non-hazardous disposal activities as required by the
- Works with and assists in excavating contaminated soils and/or
trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work
with a backhoe, excavator, road grader or front-end loader.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on
assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor;
- Operates light equipment including, but not limited to: pumps,
vacuum equipment, oil spill booms and generators.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not
limited to cleaning chemical and water spills, biological
contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic, electrical
and hydraulic) industrial tools including pressure washers.
- Works with vibration-producing tools including jack hammers,
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all
weather conditions (including extreme heat and cold) while wearing
various levels of personal protective equipment
- Works in atmospheres and physical locations with the potential
for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which
may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise level environments and
- Performs duties at various elevations including working from
ladders and scaffolding.
- Assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters
and other electronic equipment.
- Complete and maintain all safety required training
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management and
required by the needs of the Company Benefits:
- Competitive Wages based on experience
- Paid Orientation
- Safety Incentive Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, PTO
Keywords: A&D Environmental Services, Chapel Hill , Heavy Equipment Operator (CDL-A), Professions , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!