Membership Engagement Specialist-Meadowmont location-Chapel Hill-Carrboro YMCA-Part Time
Company: YMCA OF THE TRIANGLE AREA
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Member Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating a
welcoming atmosphere, driving sales, and connecting members to
others through programs that share the work of the Y as a cause
driven organization. The employee supports the staff and is
responsible for the general supervision of the facility in
accordance with established policies and expectations. They will be
responsible for performing those functions in accordance with the
stated mission, values, principles, and practices established by
the administrative staff, governing committees and Board of
Directors of the YMCA of the Triangle Area.
This is a seasonal summer position at the YMCA at Meadowmont. It is
an outdoor position with expected availability for days, evenings,
weekends and holidays. Program operates 7 days a week.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community
- Builds positive relationships with members by serving needs and
concerns and taking the initiative to provide excellent customer
- Responsible for Tours, Sales, Y Connects, 8 Weeks to a New You
and all other Membership and Fitness initiatives. Follows branch
protocols for prospective members, sales leads, and cross-selling
- Serves as a member advocate and concierge while on duty, with a
focus on facilitating small group opportunities for members to
- Promotes volunteerism as a part of the overall continuum of the
- Understands all program offerings, pricing, business policies
and procedures, and is a proficient power user in Personify Go and
- Supports Welcome Center, Access desks, Gym and Wellness Floor
to ensure all members are being served in a quality manner.
- Creates a team environment that concentrates on delivering
exceptional service to members and participants.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Welcome Center
customer service plan.
- Maintains consistent work schedule including being assigned to
and present during key usage days/times, evenings, and weekends to
assist in developing relationships with members.
- Opens, closes and supports weekend facility coverage.
- Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area
- Assists with the hiring, coaching, training, and motivating of
all desk staff.
- Collaborates and communicates with Directors on member
engagement improvement opportunities in their area - based on
member feedback and input.
- Accountable for the financial transactions during the shift and
the shift close out and batch reconciliation with cash and check
- Identifies, and assists in the implementation of process
improvements and changes.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- High School diploma and 1-2 years experience in Customer
Service and/or Sales environment.
- Professional in demeanor, genuine, nurturing, welcoming,
courteous, friendly, and relate well to customers.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to understand customer
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.Must be a
self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.
- Possess a high level of organization, ability to prioritize and
possess the capacity to respond and handle multiple tasks
appropriately in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- Attention to detail, with a consistent high level of
responsiveness and follow-up.
- Capable of handling sensitive and confidential
- Ability to multi-task and complete large volumes of projects
- Strategic, critical thinker and problem solver.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
- Must obtain Basic Life Support, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid
certifications upon hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer and be able to communicate
using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must
be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
- The YMCA of the Triangle requires employees to comply with all
COVID related PPE, cleaning, reporting and prevention expectations
efforts. Further training and detail will be provided upon question
Keywords: YMCA OF THE TRIANGLE AREA, Chapel Hill , Membership Engagement Specialist-Meadowmont location-Chapel Hill-Carrboro YMCA-Part Time, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...