Nursing Assistant II - Family and General Medicine Acute Care Unit
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 18, 2023
A Nursing Assistant II is needed for the Family & General Medicine Acute Care Unit - 8 Bedtower. Our 31-bed unit provides care for family & general medicine with a heavy focus on geriatric nursing care. As part of our commitment to the geriatric population, we host a series of events every year for Older Americans' Month. 8 Bedtower utilizes a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach in a patient and family centered care environment. We also work closely with the Palliative Care Team. We provide a supportive work atmosphere with nurses committed to excellent health care and collegial interactions. In addition, we also enjoy a top tier employee satisfaction rating!
This is a 36 hours per week position; working 12 hour rotating shifts (7am-7:30pm and 7pm-7:30am) with weekend and holiday rotation. This position qualifies for an extensive benefit package including PTO hours, which are accrued based on the number of worked hours. This position requires the ability to attend the required week long hospital orientation offered every two weeks. Orientation Schedule: Monday and Tuesday - In person from 8am to 4pm; Wednesday - 8am to 10am Virtual and in person from 1pm to 5 pm; and Thursday and Friday - Virtual
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Provides routine direct and indirect patient care in a hospital, clinic or home health care setting. All work performed is under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
1. Assist physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Provide administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry
3. Provide clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
4. Provide direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measure and record vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage. Performs Oxygen room set-up and monitors oxygen flow-rate, performs oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal suctioning, tracheostomy care, fecal impaction removal, sterile dressing change wound irrigation for wounds that are 48 hours old, IV fluid assembly and monitoring, IV site care and discontinue peripheral IV, ostomy irrigation and care, urinary catheterization and irrigation, performs established oral, nasogastric, and gastrostomy tube feedings.
5. Reinforce routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED
* Listed as Nursing Assistant II with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
* Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Six (6) months related nursing assistant experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Fluent in verbal and written English language and able to develop basic computer skills.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: 8 Bedtower Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00Work Schedule: RotatingLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Nursing Assistant II - Family and General Medicine Acute Care Unit, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!