Nursing Assistant II + Clerical (Clinical Support Tech II Per Diem) - ENT/Neurosurgery Acute Care
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Description Nursing Assistant II + Clerical (Clinical Support Tech II PD) needed for ENT/Neurosurgery Acute Care Unit at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, NC. This is a 24-bed unit caring for patients who are primarily post-operative. The ENT patient population typically present with head and neck malignancies, often requiring glossectomies, radical neck dissections, free and rotational flaps, thyroidectomies, tracheostomies, and laryngectomies. Our Neurosurgery patients typically present with brain and spinal injuries, brain tumors, and stroke. Our team prides itself on leading the way in patient care through collaboration, compassion, competence, and continuous encouragement. Through interdisciplinary partnerships and a strong focus on sustaining a positive, healthy work environment, we consistently provide excellent, patient-centered Carolina Care. You will be able to utilize all of your NAII skills in this role!Our unit has received two consecutive Gold Beacon Awards for Excellence. The AACN created the Beacon designation to recognize individual units that have set a path to excellence in an effort to highlight units that distinguish themselves in every facet of patient care. Recipients of a Beacon designation demonstrate excellence in sustained unit performance and patient outcomes.
This is a Per Diem/ at-will position requiring the ability to work a minimum of 12 hours every 2 weeks; Shifts are for rotating day & night, 12 hours (7am-7:30pm & 7pm-7:30am), with weekend and holiday rotation. Self-scheduling is used to meet the needs of the unit and the staff. Must be able to complete required hospital orientation (Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-5:00pm).Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription, and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions
1. Assists physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Critically reviews patient care documentation making note of any significant changes in the patient's condition and make an immediate report to a registered nurse or physician.
3. Provides a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to organizing and prioritizing workload, greeting and directing visitors, researching information as requested by nurses and physicians, reviewing orders for logic and clarity, revising orders as requested by the nurse, answering the telephone/ patient call lights, transcribing physician orders, and maintaining medical records. Performs routine quality assurance audits, safety checks, and inventory of supplies. Provides administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry
4. Provides clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
5. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measures and records vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage
6. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED
* Listed as Nursing Assistant II with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
* Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience and six (6) months of related nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to develop computer skills if not competent.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: 7 Neurosciences Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00Work Schedule: RotatingLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Nursing Assistant II + Clerical (Clinical Support Tech II Per Diem) - ENT/Neurosurgery Acute Care, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!