Company: Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Ephesus Elementary School
- Custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of the tasks
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable. Reports To:
School Principal and Custodial Supervisor
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean,
and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways,
and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Shovels, plows, and sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and
steps, as appropriate.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all
panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building
- Sweeps classrooms daily and dusts furniture.
- Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when
their condition requires it.
- Scrubs, hoses down, and disinfects toilet floors daily, and
cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least
twice a year, and more frequently if necessary.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a
good state of preservation.
- Makes such minor building repairs as he/she is capable.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to the lead custodian or
- Maintains on a regular schedule all motors and other mechanical
equipment requiring scheduled servicing.
- Reports immediately to the principal any damage to school
- Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during
nonschool hours when the use of the building has been authorized
and his/her attendance required by the principal.
- As directed by the lead custodian or principal, assumes
responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each
school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and
windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for
safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies, equipment, and fuel on hand,
and requisitions such needed replacements from the principal far
enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as
will not hinder the custodian in his duties.
- Conducts an on-going program of general maintenance, upkeep,
- Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for
various activities and as directed by the principal.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and
disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
- Performs other such appropriate duties as may be assigned by
Terms of Employment:
Twelve-month year; work schedule determined by the Superintendent.
Salary in accordance with the adopted schedule. (Grade 53B12)
Must be able to physically perform the basic operational functions
of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking,
hearing and repetitive motion. The ability to lift a minimum of 20
pounds and a maximum of 40 pounds.
Evaluated in accordance with the Board's policy on Evaluation of
Keywords: Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill , PT Custodian, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...