Company: PolarOnyx, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PolarOnyx, Inc. (www.polaronyx.com, Chapel Hill, NC) is a
leading company in laser-based 3D printing and material processing.
Our company currently has an opening for full-time engineer to fit
into our fast-growing business.
PolarOnyx offers 4-day workweek (36 hrs from Monday to Thursday)
for a full-time employee.
- Carry out machine and control software development for additive
manufacturing (AM). Understand and resolve issues in R&D and
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in physics, mechanical engineering, material
engineering, electrical engineering, metallurgy, or laser. Hands-on
experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, energetic, good attitude, and detail-oriented
- Understand precision mechanical design and control of motorized
stages and robotics
- Understand thermal dynamics and heat transfer
- Good at Solidworks design of complex parts and systems
- System automation programming (C++) is a plus
- Strong communication and people interaction skills. Good at
presentation and documentation
- Capable of doing parallel works
This job is not for everyone. Only a select people are suitable as
we are developing cutting-edge technologies that require
People who want a laid-back job, attend to private matters during
work hours, or lack the most basic thinking/knowledge (e.g., what
significant figures are used for) cannot stay here for long.
On the other hand, people who are detailed and have a strong desire
to learn _thrive_ in this company. Your prior experience is not as
important as your positive attitude and drive. Your career will
grow with the company, and we offer very competitive benefits and
multiple forms of performance-based promotions (salary increases,
bonuses, stock options, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Chapel Hill, NC 27517: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PolarOnyx, Inc., Chapel Hill , Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!