CT Technologist - Arringdon - Morrisville - PRN
Company: Duke Health
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position will cover off-campus sites in Durham and Wake
Counties. - Perform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the
performance of CT scans within the Ambulatory Radiology Division. -
This position must support the Ambulatory Radiology Division and
perform other duties as assigned and supported by scope of
practice. - Perform other related duties incidental to the work
therein. -General Description of the Job ClassThis position will
cover off-campus sites in Durham and Wake Counties. - Perform a
variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT
scans within the Ambulatory Radiology Division. - This position
must support the Ambulatory Radiology Division and perform other
duties as assigned and supported by scope of practice. - Perform
other related duties incidental to the work therein. - -Duties and
Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation
of CT scanners, power injectors, and related equipment in
accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing CT procedures per
established protocols, policy, and patient safety standards and
does not require assistance from fellow technologists.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed
images and sequence of acquisition and label appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to protocol exams per established
10-day protocol guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in CT Cardiac Imaging
- Demonstrates proficiency in Extremity CT
- Minimum 3 years CT experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV placement and administration of
injecting contrast with power injectors.
- Dispense and order oral contrast for CT scans.
- Maintain adequate supplies; allowing for lead time when placing
- Ensure customer satisfaction and appropriateness of care for
all assigned patients. Thoroughly explains the procedures to
patients and allows time for questions and addresses concerns in a
professional and kind manner.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical
comfort of patients while they are in our care.
- Position patients for each anatomical view using positioning
assistance devices and protective equipment as necessary.
- Perform as a self-starter and takes the initiative to
proactively address situations before they arise or escalate.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task as needed and communicate
in a positive and efficient matter.
- Communicate effectively with the patient and the health care
team, recognizing the patient's needs.
- Perform the quality control functions related to CT imaging and
notify appropriate personnel when issues arise and maintenance is
required. - Continually evaluate images for diagnostic
- Ensure safety is a top priority. - Addresses safety concerns
immediately and proactively works to identify and mitigate safety
risks within the working environment.
- Maintain ALARA principles for patients, staff, and self
- Ensure regulatory guidelines are adhered to and maintain
- Understand and use the Image Archival System
- Complete exam tracking/billing and charge reconciliation
accurately on a daily basis and is able to modify orders per
- Provide orientation and training to new CT technologists.
- Assist with the daily operations of the CT department across
the Ambulatory Platform.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical
- Establish and maintain productive ethical working relationships
with coworkers, referring providers and commercial agencies.
- Coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate patient care
is provided. -**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within
Radiology Services. There is a clinical ladder program with various
steps and opportunities within the health system. - -Required
Qualifications at this Level -EducationCompletion of an AMA
approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an
accredited CT programOR Graduate of a bachelor's degree program in
Radiology, with two semesters of clinical rotation in CTOR
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology with
two years of DUHS Radiology experience - -Experience -Level IMust
obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment. -Level
IIMinimum of two years' experience as a CT technologist. -Level
IIIA minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in
which they are seeking promotion - -Degrees, Licensure, and/or
CertificationARRT certification in RadiographyCT certification
within 12 months of employmentBLS certification - Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Chapel Hill , CT Technologist - Arringdon - Morrisville - PRN, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!