Technical Advisor, Digital Health, Data.FI
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Technical Advisor, Digital Health, Data.FICompany
Overview:Palladium is a global leader in the design, development
and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of
enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations,
investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society
to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate
lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past
50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team
of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a
global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has
improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies,
societies and most importantly, people's lives. Palladium is a
child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to
work with children. We also provide equal employment to all
participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital
Project Overview and Role:Palladium's Data, Informatics and
Analytical Solutions Practice (DIAS) is seeking a Digital Health
Advisor to support the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) Project.
The role of the is seeking a Digital Health Advisor to provide
operational and managerial support to a select group of project
activities focusing primarily on the development, roll-out, and
creation of a regulated, enabling environment of digital health
products for development. The Digital Advisor will provide
operational and managerial support for the Data.FI project. This
position is based in Washington, D.C or Nairobi Kenya and entails
approximately 25-30% overseas travel.
Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S.
President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S.
Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with
PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality
data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance. By improving
global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses
of HIV epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites
PEPFAR program achievements to improve client services and attain
and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. Data.FI supports host
country governments to enhance existing health information systems
(HIS), informing management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS
programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner
transition. Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary
responsibilities of the Digital Advisor are to support activities
related to the operationalization, management and project
management of Data.FI's digital portfolio. This includes:
Provide Management Support & Sector Expertise:
- For assigned portfolio projects of activities within Data.FI,
interface with Ministries of Health, development agencies,
beneficiaries and clients of HIV services, other implementing
partners, field-staff and other project stakeholders to plan,
implement, review and report on projects as needed and
- Work with the Senior Digital Advisor, Project and Tech Leads,
and Activity Managers, in planning the software development life
cycles, staff planning, level of effort estimation, project
management, develop deployment schedules and budget estimation.
Provide Technical Input & Project Management:
- Support the development a standardized Data.FI software
development project management approach for digital development,
including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures
(SOPs); support adoption of FHIR framework and standards for any
digital products developed for health; support widespread uptake
and monitoring of Data.FI software development and project
management MER indicators including HIS_PM and HIS_Scale.
- Train and mentor project team members on agile principles; and
inculcate a cultural adoption of (DevOps) processes and
- Liaise closely with and provide support, management, project
management and technical support of analytics and digital
development activities delegated to the Kenya Regional
- Be accountable for the project management (time, cost and
quality) of digital software development projects across Data.FI,
including those undertaken by Palladium, Data.FI partners and
- Ensure that all Data.FI user requirements, requested
enhancements and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated
and prioritized and comprehensively logged as Epics, Features,
Stories and Tasks on Jira.
- Provide support to other digital health projects and activities
outside of Data.FI as requested.
- Provide support to Business Development activities as
Reporting requirements include:
- Weekly meetings (either in-person or via Skype/phone)
- Emails as needed
- Reports to Senior Digital Advisor
- Technical Advisor, DIAS Practice
- Certified project manager preferred.
- Professional experience improving health system performance
through the strategic use of data in a developing country context,
with CDC, USAID or PEPFAR funded programs.
Key competencies & professional expertise required
- Experience managing software development teams, the deployment
of health information systems, and/or developing and using
- Experience incorporating project management techniques and
tools for workplan development and execution; and
- Experience building teams to implement digital health
information systems projects, including constituting teams,
recruitment of personnel, and budgeting.
- Strong project management skills and experience using digital
tools to manage projects such as Microsoft Teams, Planner,
- Strong work planning, budget and staff planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing digital and
analytical interventions for development.
- Experience designing, testing, and implementing information
systems and data tools, including mobile applications,
transactional systems, business intelligence implementations and
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with
changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to guide and support the clients, project teams and
technical teams in designing and implementing solutions that meet
the specified requirements; knowledge of user-centered design
- Knowledge and experience applying the Principles for Digital
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members and
clients of different cultures, gender, and hierarchical
- Willingness to travel and work abroad 25-30% of the time in
developing countries and elsewhere.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as
in team settings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a
fast-moving and multicultural team while maintaining a
Apply nowShare Save Job
Keywords: Palladium, Chapel Hill , Technical Advisor, Digital Health, Data.FI, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!