Sonographer - Duke Regional Hospital - Durham - PRN
Company: Duke Health
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown
feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of
internationally recognized Duke University Health System. -Duke
Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance
counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our
community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our
care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide
exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a
place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting
their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and
professional development for employees who have served for decades
in our hospital units. -Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and
offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic
services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's
services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at
our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical
Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services
Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal
year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients,
performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the
world. -U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as
#9 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22.
The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare
Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and
Magnet-designated hospital. General Description of the Job
ClassOperation of sonographic equipment, perform and communicate
results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. -Duties and
Responsibilities of this Level
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound
- Exams include, but may not be limited to, abdominal, vascular,
small parts, ob-gyn, vascular, infant head/hip/spine, and
- Follow established departmental policy.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and
adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological,
diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to
accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and
medical history, and communicates findings to the Radiologist.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical
comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Communicate effectively with the patient and the health care
team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations
and patient's needs.
- Assists with the daily operations of the ultrasound
- Completes exam tracking/billing accurately on a daily
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains
- Establishes and maintains productive ethical working
relationships with coworkers, referring providers and commercial
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in training of ultrasound students during clinical
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Proficient in the performance of ultrasound procedures and does
not require assistance from fellow sonographers.
- Provide direction and instruction to existing personnel and
training to new sonographers.
- Assist in teaching of ultrasound technology to new physicians,
residents, and fellows.
- Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care
- Reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein
-**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within Imaging
services. There is a clinical ladder program with various steps and
opportunities at each hospital within the health system. -Required
Qualifications at this Level -EducationGraduate of a formal
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) is required (may substitute with ARDMS certification on or
before December 31, 2000)Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic
Medical Sonography is desirable. -Experience -Degrees, Licensure,
and/or CertificationCurrent compliance with Continuing Medical
Education (CME) requirements for specialty (ies) as
appropriate.Level I Must obtain ARDMS certifications in the
following (Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular) as required by each entity
within 18 months of employment.Level II Minimum of two years'
experience as a Sonographer.Level III A minimum of four years'
experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking
promotionBLS certification -Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Distinguishing Characteristics of this LevelN/A - - Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Chapel Hill , Sonographer - Duke Regional Hospital - Durham - PRN, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!