Senior Design System Lead (Product)
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Bank.As Fifth Third Banks's Senior Design System Lead, you are
passionate about creating modern, quality design standards at an
enterprise scale and will lead a cross-functional team to deliver
re-useable components and documentation for iOS, Android and Web
that enable us to build the future of our consumer and commercial
banking applications. You will work closely with the design,
product, research, and engineering organizations, while also
collaborating with various lines of business to ensure the delivery
of simple, delightful, and inclusive experiences. *We may consider
qualified candidates in remote locations for this role.*Responsible
and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions,
elevating concerns, and personally following policies and
procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing
for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors
drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the
Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying,
assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all
types.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, prioritize, and maintain the design system roadmap of
features, capabilities, and issues.
- Translate the design system strategy into requirements, work
with the design system team to design, develop document and release
components and patterns for broad consumption.
- Work closely with the design/product/engineering teams to help
define the work, priorities, dependencies, backlog, and potential
- Advocate for the design system vision both internally and with
- Work with multiple agile teams to identify opportunities to
enhance the customer experience while providing value to the
- Support the team in achieving their goals and forecasts as they
- problems using industry best practices and emerging
- Influence cultural change and ensure we are challenging the
status quo, if needed, by promoting continuous
improvementSupervisory Responsibilities:Responsible for providing
employees timely, candid, and constructive performance feedback;
developing employees to their fullest potential and providing
challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth while
recognizing and rewarding employees' accomplishments. Assist in the
development of appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench
strength and succession planning.Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Product Manager, Technical
Product Manager or Product Leadership role in a technology-driven
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or experience
in software development.
- Four-year degree or combination of equivalent relevant
- Experience with design systems, design tokens and atomic
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: Team
Player, Team Builder, Coach, Collaborator.
- Track record of managing all aspects of a successful product
throughout its lifecycle.
- An understanding of accessibility principles and experience
building products that are inclusive of users with varying
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with varying priorities
while work independently under minimal supervision.
- Able to navigate challenging situations and conversations with
integrity and respect.
- Excellent written and oral communication skillsSenior Design
System Lead (Product)LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45202Fifth Third
Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and
inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment
opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color,
gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Chapel Hill , Senior Design System Lead (Product), Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!