Transplant Data & Performance Improvement - Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Company: University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hil
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job Description Description Become part of an inclusive
organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is
to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we
serve. Summary: The BMTCT data manager is responsible for accurate
cancer and blood and marrow transplant data abstraction from
medical, diagnostic, and therapeutic records in compliance with
standards of the Center for International Blood and Marrow
Transplant Registry (CIBMTR), the National Marrow Donors Program
(NMDP), and internal BMT program goals. Responsible for accurate
staging following state and American College of Surgeons Commission
on Cancer (ACOS/COC) guidelines. Responsible for accurate entry of
data into the BMTCT program databases, data management, and
extensive reporting of patient specific data to the CIBMTR/NMDP
registries. Technical Competencies: 1. Accepts responsibility for
data management for a defined group of BMT patients
- a. Retrieves patients information from electronic medical
records and any other applicable sources for patients
- b. Organizes and maintains lists of patients whose data has
been abstracted, entered into the Program database and subsequently
reported to CIBMTR/NMDP.
- c. Maintains materials needed for abstracting and subsequent
validation in an organized manner.
- d. Assures data reporting to CIBMTR/NMDP occurs according to
- e. Abstracts monthly a number of patients appropriate to
experience, patient load and productive time. 2. Abstracts patient
information and enters data into the BMTCT Program database.
- a. Abstracts accurately and completely the required data sets
of CIBMTR/NMDP and the data fields needed. This includes but is not
limited to patient demographics, diagnosis, disease status,
treatment, complications, and survival information.
- b. Stages extent of primary disease as well as subsequent
complications post-transplant accurately; can defend staging
judgment if differs from stage documented by physician using
- c. Collects accurate and complete information from facilities
diagnosing and/or treating patients both before and after contact
with UNC Health. 3. Participates in quality control procedures.
- a. Develops and maintains personal quality control of data
collection and database entry.
- b. Works independently or with minimal supervision.
- c. Assists with departmental database quality control
activities. 4. Other professional and technical competencies:
- a. Maintains confidentiality and security of patient data.
- b. Demonstrates ability to plan out assignments and prioritize
tasks to meet department goals and deadlines, to be a self-starter;
to offer assistance without being asked, to be motivated and take
responsibility for completing tasks.
- c. Participates in BMTCT Program educational activities as well
as other opportunities to maintain data management competencies.
Other Information Other information:Education Requirements:
Bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline. Associates Degree in
appropriate disciplineLicensure/Certification Requirements: No
licensure or certification required.Professional Experience
Requirements: With Bachelor's degree - Five (5) years of
progressive experience in related field. With Associate's degree -
Ten 10 years of progressive experience in a related
fieldKnowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:Job Details Legal
Employer:STATE Entity: UNC Medical CenterOrganization Unit: Bone
Marrow Transplant Program Work Type: Full TimeStandard Hours Per
Week: 40.00 Work Schedule: Day Job Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel
Hill Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: YesThis is a State position
employed by UNC Health Care System.
Keywords: University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hil, Chapel Hill , Transplant Data & Performance Improvement - Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!