Sales Support Representative
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: September 6, 2021
Support Representative (SSR) is responsible for the coordination
and internal processing of orders at Flowserve’s Raleigh-based
manufacturing site. The SSR is the primary point of contact for the
customer and collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality,
and other departments in order to respond to customer inquiries.
The SSR is involved with an order from the time it is entered
through shipment and successful installation by the customer. The
SSR helps the organization achieve on time delivery, high quality
in both products and documents, accurate forecasts, and positive
long term customer relationships.
• Coordinate all customer-facing activities and requests for your
assigned customer accounts with the specific goal of providing
exceptional customer service and achieving the financial and
operational goals of the Flowserve Raleigh site.
• Promote a positive and professional working atmosphere, where
initiative is used to identify and implement process
• Review incoming orders including all technical and commercial
elements, change orders, and customer documentation requests using
the applicable Flowserve procedures, software, and collaboration
with other functional departments.
• Manage the orders generated and processed by you as they progress
through the Raleigh site. This may include order entry, execution
planning and kick-off meetings, order risk reviews, communication
planning, and other activities that enable successful order
• Review customer purchase orders to confirm compliance with quoted
pricing, delivery, and terms of sale, and ensure that all required
order elements are accurately entered into the ERP system and are
processed in accordance with site procedures and instructions, in
addition to regulatory codes and trade compliance
• Collaborate with other teams and functional departments to ensure
the timely and accurate completion of all internal and
customer-facing actions, submittals, and approvals necessary to
support the order delivery and payment schedules. This includes,
but is not limited to, the release of quality plans and bills of
material, execution and submittal of all documentation and software
required by the contract, management of customer inspections and
hold points, on-time shipment of hardware and processing of all
progress payment and final invoices, bonds, and other activities
required to ensure timely cash receipts.
• Participate in a positive and proactive manner in order to remove
bottlenecks on critical path items in order to ensure that order
activities remain on schedule.
• Maintain ownership for these orders throughout the entire order
life-cycle, including final cash collection as required.
• Coordinate customer feedback reporting and RMA processes for
assigned customers in order to drive customer satisfaction through
the effective correction and resolution of customer
• Provide leadership within the site to ensure concerns are
addressed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support the Safety and 6S goals, to include maintaining your
office environment to ensure it is free of clutter, clean,
professional, and well-organized.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers,
suppliers, and the Raleigh team and portray a professional image at
all times. Be supportive of co-workers and display a willingness to
help others within the organization beyond the normal bounds of
your immediate responsibilities.
High school diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
2 or more years’ experience is a sales, order fulfillment, sales
support or customer service role.
Keywords: Flowserve, Chapel Hill , Sales Support Representative, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!