Bookseller- Tech Shop (Temp) - UNC Student Stores
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800
colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment
like no other - uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of technology products and services for
an academic community.
As an employee in the Tech Shop you will work as an on-site
technician who will lead and mentor other student technicians in
providing computer repair services to campus community customers.
You will perform in-shop repair on a wide variety of computers and
peripherals using advanced computer and electronics repair
techniques and test equipment. You will engage with customers to
explain, advise, and assist them with making appropriate technology
- Ensure that quality service is provided in a timely manner;
resources are effectively utilized; service technicians are
properly trained and equipped; and that warranty services are
conducted for full reimbursement from manufacturers.
- Follow established procedures to obtain parts, complete the
timely return of defective/replaced parts, prepare accurate quotes,
invoices, and billing.
- Consult with third party vendors for technical information and
repair solutions and know when to notify management for highly
technical service requests.
- Remain knowledgeable of new and emerging technologies,
diagnostic, and test procedures.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements/information into
useful application for non-technical buyers.
- Shelve, arrange, and categorize product according to specific
- May provide periodic assistance with processing sales
transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid
- Temporary positions require weekly availability for a short
term basis of 90 days or less.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Frequent lifting and moving of personal computer hardware.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment.
- Experience in a retail setting, marketing, and/or IT
- 2-year experience as a computer repair technician; an
equivalent combination of education, certification and experience
will be considered.
- A+ and/or Apple certified or able to achieve certification
within 60 days required.
- Experienced with Windows 7, 8, & 10 & Apple O/S & IMac.
- Must have hardware diagnostics and repair experience.
- Basic programming and web page development maintenance a
- Experienced with parts ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledgeable of and able to use POS sales, billing, and
- High energy, self-starter who is adept at work on independent
and on team tasks.
- Friendly personality, with strong written and verbal
- Outstanding customer service skills to work with vendors,
customers, and team members.
- Above average math and computer skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Chapel Hill , Bookseller- Tech Shop (Temp) - UNC Student Stores, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!