$500 Bonus for Lightspeed Trained - Front Desk Agent
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and
registering the guest providing outstanding guest service during
their stay and settling the guest's account upon completion of
their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests
making and modifying reservations hotel operator and concierge
duties. Providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all
guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing
room revenue and occupancy.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work
in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to
deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be
able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal
and external customers.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting
adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
- Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or
short correspondence and memos
- Ability to use logic to define the problem collect information
establish facts draw valid conclusions interpret information and
deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays
- Holds an understanding of hotel products and guest services
(i.e. lifestyle full service resort etc)
- Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality policies
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards; maintain a
friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and
ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality performance standards are
- Handle requests for information mail and messages in an
efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants
transportation entertainment etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
- Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be
familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house
rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as
needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other associates.
- As needed deliver guest items such as luggage newspapers
messages packages amenities or other items requested by guests or
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and
things to do around the hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not
limited to the following: helping coworkers in other areas of the
hotel maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and grounds
Less than a 5 minute drive from University
of North Carolina, this hotel features a fitness center and free
Wi-Fi. Guests can relax at the outdoor patio or in the indoor
A 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod
docking station are found in each bright room at Aloft Chapel Hill.
Guest rooms feature modern decor and come equipped with a work desk
and tea and coffee-making facilities.
A laundromat and a business center are
provided for added guest convenience at the Chapel Hill Aloft.
Guests also have access to an activities lounge that includes a
The on-site bar, w xyz, is the perfect way
to wind down at the end of the day. The menu features signature
cocktails and a selection of beer and wine. A 24/7 grab-and-go
eatery offers a variety of snacks and drinks.
The Kenan Memorial Stadium is 2 miles away.
The shopping and dining of East 54 Community are located next to
As the global leader in third-party hotel
management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in
49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands
to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our
associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests
and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where
everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility
with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Chapel Hill , $500 Bonus for Lightspeed Trained - Front Desk Agent, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!