Administrative Specialist - Transgender Health Program
Company: UNC Health
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administrative Specialist opportunity with the Transgender
Health Program of UNC Health.
Description of Work/Position Summary:
- Contact patients prior to initial visit: Confirm patient plan
to keep scheduled appointment, answer questions about financial
services for self-pay patients, etc.
- Facilitate referrals to providers and be contact person for
patients to report positive or negative experiences with outside
- Complete brief assessment of needs with patients who may
benefit from accessing relevant services and provide appropriate
referrals when necessary;
- Guide patients through pre-set referral algorithms to maintain
consistency of care.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of work;
- Provide information, education, and emotional support to
patients in a compassionate, culturally sensitive, and appropriate
- Assist in schedule coordination for program manager, including
planning and confirming meetings, keeping travel itineraries,
- Manage department phone line and email during business hours
and refer communications and messages to program manager as
- Assist in planning and execution of department events and
meetings, including catering coordination, RSVP release and
- Maintains monthly program supply needs list and facilitates
ordering and receiving once per month.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No licensure or certification required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Five (5) years of clerical experience of increasing variety
- If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical experience of
increasing variety and/or complexity
- If Associate's degree, three (3) years of clerical experience
of increasing variety and/or complexity.
- Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top
priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers.
Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical
expertise: understands the technical aspects of ones job.
Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce
reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master
the scheduling system as appropriate Coachability: Receptive to
feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement
Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works
to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal
responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make
the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer.
Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the
strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and
suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides
appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the
situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution:
Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension
or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues
and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic
and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that
achieve the desired outcome.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Urology Support Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health, Chapel Hill , Administrative Specialist - Transgender Health Program, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!