Network Engineer, Lead
Company: HireRight, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Network Engineer, Lead
Role Purpose: The Lead Network Engineer will be responsible for
providing technical expertise and support of critical enterprise
network systems. In addition, they will also be responsible for the
design, configuration, security, resource monitoring, and
troubleshooting of high availability network systems. Will lead
projects and team members.
- Oversees Network and Telecom Technologies consisting of Cisco
Network's switches (Catalyst & Nexus), routers (ASR & ISR),
firewalls (ASA, Firepower, Palo Alto), Cisco ISE, Cisco ACI
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of
the company's local, wide, wireless, Internet and Intranet networks
and telephone and Voice Over IP (VoIP) systems); maintains routers,
firewalls (Including VPNs / AnyConnect) , or any other network
hardware components; ensures the highest levels of security and
stability are maintained to protect company assets and staff.
- Oversees and executes the remediation of user issues or
inquiries, such as hardware problems; administers the company's
information technology case logging system to ensure technical
issues are properly reported and resolved within established
quality service level guidelines; ensures the timely response by
Network Team staff to inquiries and exhibits the necessary follow
through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Performs routine system or administrative tasks, such as system
specification changes, additions and deletions of Users or specific
permissions for network and telephony systems; ensures necessary
documentation is attained and properly authorized for such
requests; originates and maintains system and user files.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of process and
procedure documentation including the collection and tracking of
security and audit evidence materials. Maintains accurate and
current information technology policies, procedures and related
documentation, such as installation settings, specifications,
diagrams, floor plans, etc.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor hardware, software,
and telecommunications equipment products; recommends purchases
consistent with the company's short- and long-term objectives.
- Participates as a member of the company's incident response
team in the event of a technology emergency or breach in
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through
internal and external reviews; recommends and initiates corrective
actions; ensures system resources are in compliance with
established company policies, procedures and government and/or
- Responsible for analyzing and deploying hardware and software
updates and other patch management directives.
- Works closely with IT Management; reviews reports; helps
organize plans and makes recommendations for information technology
projects involving functional changes within the company and
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions,
problems or inquiries.
- Participate in the formulation of departmental objectives,
plans and policies.
- IT Change Management, including planning, impact analysis,
scheduling, and communication.
- Systems life-cycle management, including implementations,
administration, and on-call support.
- Manage engineering support processes to ensure efficient issue
resolution and minimal business impact, acting as escalation point
for serious issues
- Technical acumen in the area of servers, networks, storage,
databases, and application support
- Manage equipment, licensing, and data center co-location
- Prepare and implement policies, procedures and standards
relating Server and Storage Infrastructure
- Partner with a wide range of internal business units to develop
and deliver on service level agreements
- Foster an atmosphere of open communication, development, and
- Must be able to work as part of a global team or on their
- Must be available for on-call duties outside of normal business
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent
training, education, or experience.
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience working in network
Knowledge & Skill:
- This is a professional role not requiring a specific
- Requires strong experience with Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Has developed knowledge of an extensive body of technical,
support or administrative policies and procedures.
- Requires extensive training and experience to perform a wide
variety of interrelated, multi-skilled or standard procedural
assignments and resolve a wide range of moderately complex
- Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems,
which are moderately complex and require extended skill in order to
ensure proper completion.
- Basic understanding of the roles of various functional groups
within own area.
Scope of Impact:
- May informally act as a resource and guide and instruct others
incidental to performing work responsibilities.
- Accurate, timely and responsive services in specialized
- Provides expertise in a technical or administrative field.
- Work results that typically are not directly verified or
checked by others.
- Work is standardized, but employee is expected to choose action
within defined standards or accepted practices.
- Identifies and solves moderately complex procedural
- Problems are likely to involve some investigation and data
- Sets priorities to reach goals and makes decisions on quality
- May suggest improvements to existing processes and
- Frequent interaction within work unit on complex matters.
- Contacts are important or frequent but are not required to gain
approval or agreement in difficult/awkward circumstances.
- May have frequent customer contacts requiring tact and courtesy
in complex situations.
- Can identify solutions to non-standard requests.
- All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose
profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this
HireRight, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: HireRight, Inc., Chapel Hill , Network Engineer, Lead, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!