Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II - Sterile Products Area
Company: University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hil
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by
reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is
carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral,
topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk
medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a
physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area
and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing
for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc.
using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance
with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply
correct medications for individual patients, according to
pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes
expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage
areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance
inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as
High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy
technician training program preferred.
Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a
PharmD program.CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in
a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Inpatient Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Keywords: University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hil, Chapel Hill , Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II - Sterile Products Area, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!