Physician Medical Coder II - Physician Revenue Cycle Coding
Company: UNC Health Care Systems
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs technical and administrative work reviewing,
abstracting and assigning accepted medical CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10
codes for professional services. Duties are performed in compliance
with third party, state and federal regulations according to
standardized procedures. Employees report to an administrative
superior but independently handle assigned tasks. After successful
completion of training program and consistently achieving
productivity/quality measures, employee may be eligible for remote
With the potential for remote work after initial training,
please note that we only employ candidates who currently reside in,
or are willing to relocate to one of the following states: Arizona,
Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North
Carolina, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Wisconsin
- Accurately assigns International Classification of Diseases
10-CM (ICD-10) diagnostic and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
codes with modifiers, and other applicable codes. Analyzes
information for optimal and proper reimbursement, including coding
denial resolution. Ensures compliance with all appropriate coding,
billing and data collection regulations and procedures. Uses
appropriate software to validate information.
- Provides information to physicians and other health care staff
regarding current coding practices and changes in 3rd party, state
and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews, analyzes and abstracts provider documentation for
diagnoses, procedures, ancillary testing, medications, laboratory
and other services provided. Obtains missing information and/or
clarifies existing documentation.
- Independently manages high volumes of inventory within
- Adheres to departmental quality and production standards.
- Acquires continuing education via UNC Physicians approved
programs and vendors.
- Maintains requires professional certification.
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of the UNC HCS SS Rev Cycle Physician
Coder Proficiency Test
- 2 years of physician medical coding experience
Must have one of the following:
- AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)
- AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) CCSP
- If AAPC certification other than CPC or CCSP, candidate will
have up to 1 year to obtain CPC or CCSP certification
Keywords: UNC Health Care Systems, Chapel Hill , Physician Medical Coder II - Physician Revenue Cycle Coding, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!