Company: IFG Companies
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle claims in
multi-jurisdictions, applying coverage, laws and regulations
accordingly; reporting to upper management and reinsurers within
necessary timelines and guidelines.
NOTE: All positions at IFG Companies, unless deemed essential,
in-office, are work-from-home until further notice.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly review new losses and determine initial plan of action
in the handling of the claim.
- Analyze coverage as it relates to the facts and allegations of
the claim; prepare Reservation of Rights and Declination of
Coverage letters, as applicable.
- Initiate contact efforts with policyholder and claimants to
confirm notice of loss description and determine the scope of the
investigation, if needed.
- When appropriate, assign and clearly instruct independent
adjusting firms to conduct the needed investigative tasks; manage
and direct any future activity of the independent adjusting firm in
any continued investigation of the claim.
- Identify serious injury/damage losses and report them in a
timely manner to upper management and reinsurers and update as
- Promptly evaluate all claims as the investigation develops and
establish and adjust reserves as warranted.
- Review all expense bills for fairness, accuracy and adherence
to Company billing guidelines and promptly process such
- Recognize, notify and pursue other culpable parties and seek
contribution from such other responsible parties as warranted.
- Identify and ensure subrogation efforts are undertaken against
other responsible parties, including pursuit of deductible
recoveries, salvage by the Recovery Unit as applicable.
- Negotiate claims; attend mediations and settlement conferences,
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years commercial property and casualty experience
- Excellent written communication and oral negotiation
- Intermediate computer skills
- College degree preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with moderate
supervision in handling claims within reserve and settlement
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent oral negotiation skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Some travel required
- Completed one or more CPCU, AEI or equivalent courses on Legal
Principles, Liability Principles or Litigation Management
- Experience with client/server claims processing systems a
- Physical demands are considered to be that of an office
environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion.
This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a
computer and interactions with others in meetings or via
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending,
short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance,
long-term care insurance, education assistance and paid time
IFG Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Keywords: IFG Companies, Chapel Hill , Claims Examiner, Other , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!