Position: Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Main Hospital / Chapel Hill
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Variable
1. Receives and accurately transcribes orders from
prescribers under the supervision of a
pharmacist. Process prescriptions in a timely order and
manner so as to best take care of patient
2 .Assists with training of new employees, educating them
in job-specific functions.
3. Assists with Medication Therapy Management, Medsync,
and other clinical outreach programs.
4. Selects and prepares medications (oral, topical,
controlled substances, etc.) as authorized by a physician, under
supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Prepares medications for pick-up, delivery or
medications to stock and processes credits.
6. Solves issues with patient payment (prior
authorization, patient assistance needed, etc.). Sells
patients and processes payment.
Accurately manages cash and other payments.
7. Responds to and triages requests from customers for
assistance with pharmacy services that do not
require a pharmacist’s
professional judgment or expertise.
8. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology
to supply correct medications for individual
patients, according to pharmacist
and physician orders.
9. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory and
supplies, and contributes to
expiration date management.
10. Contributes to process improvement projects.
High School Diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy
technician training program preferred. Prior pharmacy technician
experience is preferred.
Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a
PharmD program. CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in
a PharmD program.