Senior Payroll Business Analyst
Company: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 16, 2020
Senior Payroll Business Analyst
Position ID: 20019341
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the senior
PeopleSoft Business Analyst for the Payroll function within
ConnectCarolina at UNC. ConnectCarolina is the name for the
University?s ERP Implementation of PeopleSoft for Administrative
users across Student, HR/Payroll, and Finance.
Responsibilities for this role include working with ConnectCarolina
team members, Payroll staff and customers to ensure the Payroll
capability within ConnectCarolina operates effectively and
efficiently and integrates well with the Finance and HR modules;
serving as the expert for how the Payroll system should be setup;
identifying high level business and system requirements and
developing strategies to implement them; and negotiating
resolutions of conflicting requirements and recommending business
process changes where applicable. This position will have knowledge
of external trends in payroll and of best practices that can be
applied to ConnectCarolina.
This person will work on projects, small enhancements, upgrades,
patches and break fix issues within the Payroll module. Specific
duties could include:
- Monitor production support issues and ticket queues for payroll.
This position would understand PeopleSoft data structures and be
able to effectively solve complex issues.
- Gather and synthesize functional specifications to design,
develop, enhance, implement, and maintain system applications.
- Perform independent system analysis, lead and coordinate payroll
related testing, and debug problems as they arise.
- Analyze current processes and evaluate more efficient solutions
where needed. Investigate PeopleSoft functionality not currently
utilized and make recommendations for future implementations.
- Develop and provide complex reporting solutions using PS Query
- Maintain existing and develop new interfaces to external
- Trouble-shoot and resolve tickets and reported application
issues, provide support for system testing
- Serve as the primary backup for the functional office Payroll
This role works primarily with the ConnectCarolina team in ITS but
will also spend a significant amount of time working at the Payroll
Office with the Payroll team
Master?s and 1-2 years of experience or Bachelors and 2-4 years?
experience or will accept a combination of related education and
experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Works independently on tasks, responsible for his/her own
deliverables and monitors progress against defined parameters.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal, and
being able to use these communication skills to direct the work of
multiple groups when coordinating testing.
- Prior demonstrated work experience in a senior business analyst
- Experience using PS Query is required or a similar ad-hoc query
tool that proficiency has been acquired in.
- The position requires experience leading sessions to review and
document business processes.
- The role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills who
can interact with people at various levels of the organization
- The position demands strong analytical and problem-solving skills
and the ability to lead the discussion of topic driven meetings.
The role requires someone with a strong customer service focus.
- Must have experience in a production support environment and be
able to perform detailed root cause analysis and resolution.
- Must possess attention to detail and be able to manage multiple
- The candidate needs to have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Strongly Prefer prior experience in a business analyst role for
three or more years in Payroll.
- Strongly Prefer experience working with PeopleSoft Payroll.
Experience with another non-PeopleSoft ERP Payroll and/or ERP
HR/Benefits systems is also acceptable.
- The ideal candidate has ERP implementation or maintenance
experience in large, complex enterprises such as UNC Chapel
- Experience in development or technical tasks besides queries
would be a huge asset to an applicant for this position.
- Prior experience working in Higher Education is preferred.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources
by the closing date to be considered. Please submit an online
application for Position ID 20019341 at
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill , Senior Payroll Business Analyst, Human Resources , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!