Scheduling/Customer Service Representative - Phlebotomy
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Works collaboratively to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures. Will serve as a draw station for the Neurology and surrounding UNC clinic. Will need to register walk-in patients and process the samples prior to courier pick-ups. Phlebotomy experience required Location: Meadowmont Neurology Clinic (Satellite draw station)
Hours: M-F 9a - 6p (1 hour lunch break)Responsibilities:
1. Works collaboratively to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures. Consistently obtains accurate demographic information and utilizes system prompts to secure all relevant scheduling information. Requests appropriate comparison films and prior medical records when necessary.
2. Accurately communicates procedure and prep information to patient and physician office staff.
3. Obtains accurate and valid physician orders for all procedures.
4. Consistently achieves productivity and customer satisfaction goals.
5. Distributes updated department schedules in a timely manner. Schedules reflect complete and accurate clinical information.
6. Maintains current clinical knowledge and skills related to diagnostic procedures and scheduling software.
7. Serves as a departmental receptionist and office assistant as needed.
8. Performs Registrations for patients to include contract registration for Managed Care patients and complete registration for Government Payors.
Other InformationOther information:
* High School Diploma or GED plus one year of related experience or training required.
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Prefer experience in healthcare setting with exposure to patient registration or scheduling, or insurance authorization processes. Requires exceptional customer service and organizational skills. Medical terminology desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Outreach Services Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Scheduling/Customer Service Representative - Phlebotomy, Hospitality & Tourism , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!