Revenue Cycle Financial Representative-Customer Service Call Center
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Responsible for performing a variety of complex pre-services,
financial counseling and customer service related functions for
patients and/or their representative including pre-service
estimates, collection of pre-payments, collection of prior debt,
obtaining authorizations, addressing billing questions,
establishing payment plans, screening for financial assistance,
responding to MyUNCChart inquiries and other Customer Service
requests for both hospital and physician services.
1. Create Hospital and Physician estimates using the Epic Patient
Estimator, review eligibility and benefits utilizing RTE, and
obtain authorization requirements.
2. Contact patient pre-service providing benefit and patient
liability education, explain the estimate cost, and attempt to
secure payment and/or set expectation of payment at time of
3. Provide estimates to patient shoppers and clinical areas across
the healthcare system. Work with clinical areas to create estimate
templates, determine workflow and process, and collaborate with ISD
for template creation and rollout. Provide payment plans for
point-of-service (POS) collections.
4. Train clinical areas on estimate usage and patient scripting for
collections, audit and provide feedback on accuracy of estimates
utilizing Epic estimate reports. Track and trend collection amounts
and template accuracy utilizing hospital and physician EOBs and
refine process to enhance accuracy. Screen and assist patients with
financial assistance, Medicaid eligibility and/or other funding
5. Monitor and track routine follow up with Medicaid and financial
assistance approvals. Handles HB/PB patient inquiries to address
any/all billing questions via inbound calls, MyUNCChart, patient
correspondence and patient walk-ins.
6. Fulfills patient requests for itemization of charges,
adding/verifying/billing insurance, establishing payment plans,
payroll deductions, process adjustments, request refunds, and
explain charity care policy and guidelines.
7. Initiate patient outreach on delinquent payment plans, adding
accounts to existing payment plans and high risk/balance accounts.
Investigate HB and PB Set off Debt Collection Act (SODCA) disputed
accounts that have received a NC State Income Tax refund withhold
using current and legacy billing and imaging systems. Meets with
attorneys to record depositions, collaborate with the attorney
general's office and attend/participate in hearings when
8. Work with Patient Relations, Risk Management for HB and PB
patients who have escalated complaints or concerns. Oversee HB
Client account billing and follow-up which includes validating
charges and fee schedules, review and move charges, research and
reconcile payments, communicate with multiple departments to answer
client questions and collect payments. Work with external customers
such as collection agencies, UNCPN and Hospital based clinics to
address any patient concerns
Other InformationOther information:
* High school diploma or GED.
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Two (2) years of experience in Hospital or Physician Insurance
related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center,
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
* Excellent listening skills, and organizational skills.
* Advanced knowledge of UB-04, HCFA-1500's and Explanation of
Benefits (EOB) interpretation.
* Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes.
* Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and
* Ability to work in fast pace environment and prioritize and
manage multiple tasks.
* Healthcare terminology.
* Customer Service skills.
* Computer knowledge: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies
and government payers is a plus.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Customer Service Call Center Work Type: Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job:
US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Revenue Cycle Financial Representative-Customer Service Call Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!