Pharmacy Technician II - Employee Retail Pharmacy
Company: UNC Healthcare
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
The Certified technician provides general support to the pharmacist
by receiving, reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications.
All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed
1. Receives and accurately transcribes orders from prescribers
under the supervision of a pharmacist. Process prescriptions in a
timely order and manner so as to best take care of patient
2. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in
3. Assists with Medication Therapy Management, Medsync, and other
clinical outreach programs.
4. Selects and prepares medications (oral, topical, controlled
substances, etc.) as authorized by a physician, under the
supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Prepares medications for pick-up, delivery or shipping. Returns
unpurchased medications to stock and processes credits.
6. Solves issues with patient payment (prior authorization, patient
assistance needed, etc.). Sells prescriptions to patients and
processes payment. Accurately manages cash and other payments.
7. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance
with pharmacy services that do not require a pharmacist's
professional judgment or expertise.
8. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply
correct medications for individual patients, according to
pharmacist and physician orders.
9. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory and supplies,
and contributes to expiration date management.
10. Contributes to process improvement projects.
Other Information Other information:
--- High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy
technician training program preferred.
--- Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a
PharmD program. -CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled
in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: STATE
Entity : UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit : APCN Employee Pharm-Ground FL
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Rotating
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Healthcare, Chapel Hill , Pharmacy Technician II - Employee Retail Pharmacy, Hospitality & Tourism , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!