Line Cook - Earn up to $20 per hour
Company: Silverspot Cinemas
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and
other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food
products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas
of food and final plate preparation including plating and
garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for
all hot menu item plates. Responsible for preparing and/or
directing the preparation of food to be served complying with all
applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and
following established food production programs and procedures.
Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment
to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary and great benefits!
For management positions, Silverspot covers 100% of employee only
health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D.
We also offer dependent/spouse coverage as well as supplemental
benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability.
Our eligible associates also enjoy vacation, sick leave, paid
holidays, movie passes and employee discounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
Reports all unsafe conditions and actions to a supervisor and/or
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area and meets other
housekeeping needs as required by Silverspot. Prepare or direct
preparation of food served using established production procedures
* Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using
* Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved
substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
* Set steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for tray
line or dining room.
* Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene,
and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling
* Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
* Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to
* Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
* Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
* Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and
a variety of other kitchen equipment.
* Graciously and quickly fulfill any guest request possible
* Complete opening and closing checklists.
* Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned
* Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems
to Kitchen Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma, Minimum 1 years' experience as a line cook
in a commercial food service establishment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Food handler certification and/or ServSafe certification if
* Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50
pounds if necessary.
* Must be able to regularly stand, walk, use hands to finer,
handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of times.
* Must be able to periodically work in a warm to hot
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Silverspot Cinemas, Chapel Hill , Line Cook - Earn up to $20 per hour, Hospitality & Tourism , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!