RN Support MedSurg III NF DH PH
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 23, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Exemplary Practice and Outcomes* Performs the Nursing Process
(assessment; diagnosis; identification of outcomes; planning;
implementation and evaluation) in the performance of clinical care
using evidence base practice, uses analytical/critical thinking and
ensuring that care is individualized; coordinating care through
effective partnerships recognizing that caring is central to
achieve optimal patient care outcomes* Provides relationship-based
patient centered care that is consistent with population specific
characteristics (e.g. age, gender, disease, etc) in a manner that
adapts service delivery to reflect an understanding of cultural
diversity* Always partners with the patient and significant others
(as appropriate) using such appropriate method for setting and
purpose (e.g., bedside shift report; interdisciplinary rounds; just
in time and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient and
significant others updated and making the patient?s goals the focus
of the plan of care.* Practices using current clinical practice
- Teamwork and Collaboration* Coordinates the delivery and
documentation of safe quality patient care that promotes the
professional care delivery model. This includes, but is not limited
to diverse and inclusive interdisciplinary communication methods
(interdisciplinary rounds, case review, etc); completion of timely
documentation and promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical
environment* Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing
in a manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the
recruitment and retention of all healthcare team members.*
Participates and supports performance improvement inclusive of all
stakeholders, research and research utilization to promote safe,
quality patient care including initiating and/or leading such
activities as well as, promoting an inter/intra-disciplinary
process and actively supports/participates in shared governance at
all levels in the system.
- Professional Development and Initiative* Completes all initial
and ongoing professional competency assessment, required mandatory
education, population specific education.* Serves as a preceptor
and/or or mentor for other professional nurses (and staff or
students for all disciplines) to ensure that there is a current and
future qualified workforce; modeling the professional practice of
nursing and creating a healthy work environment
- Evidence Based Practice and Research * Promotes Evidence based
practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing.
Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the
decision making process in evaluating patient care products.*
Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and
procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job
description and professional association including legal,
regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by
way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and WellStar
Health Systems? safety absolutes * Participates in data collection,
poses relevant clinical questions to advanced evidence based
practice. Consults appropriate experts and uses appropriate
resources and evidence to address practice questions.
- Resources and Support * Proactively plans for the care of
patients across the care continuum in the course of giving direct
patient care. * Participates in the development of protocols and
procedures when called upon or through self-initiation in
collaboration with care managers and other members of the health
care team to achieve best practice outcomes (i.e., decrease in
re-admission rates; avoidable days; adverse events; etc).* Supports
efficient and effective use of human and material resources.
- Demonstrates clinical competence and sound knowledge base in
provision of quality patient care.
- Provides leadership and support in problem solving within the
customer call center.
- In conjunction with the Lead Staff Nurse evaluates and makes
recommendations for improvement in the call center.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to make decisions,
delegate and assure the welfare of the patient.
- Identifies/coordinates continuing education opportunities as
appropriate for call center staff.
- Establishes effective working relationships with physicians,
patients and patient?s families.
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures,
medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness
- Ensures appointment preferences are given to patients in
- Maintains/reviews patient records and other pertinent
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Other assigned duties. Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct. QualificationsRequired Minimum
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Required
- Bachelor's Degree Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an
accredited school of nursing Preferred
- RN degree with current GA License Required Required Minimum
- minimum 1 year professional nursing experience. Required
- Critical care or clinic experience with phone triage Preferred
- Position requires excellent clinical skills, communication
skills and problem solving ability. Required Required Minimum
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and
practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures
- Skill in appropriate assessment, examination, treatment
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in maintaining records regarding medication or
- Ability to perform department duties in a timely and efficient
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and competently in emergency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, in
writing, or by phone.
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Exercises good judgment in dealing with patients and staff
- Effective communication and teaching skills on all patient
- Able to process large volume of patient information in an
accurate and timely fashion.
- Basic understanding of cardiac anatomy, conditions, and
treatment modalities. Required Minimum License(s) and
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support 3.00 Preferred 3.00
- Neonatal Resuscitation Prvdr 4.00 Preferred 4.00
- Pediatric Adv Life Support 5.00 Preferred 5.00 Additional
Licenses and Certifications
- current CPR certification. Required
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Chapel Hill , RN Support MedSurg III NF DH PH, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...