Unit PRN RN MedSurg
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 23, 2023
ResponsibilitiesExemplary Practice and Outcomes:
- Performs the Nursing Process (assessment; diagnosis;
identification of outcomes; planning; implementation and
evaluation) in the performance of clinical care using evidence base
practice, uses analytical/critical thinking and insuring that care
is individualized; coordinating care through effective partnerships
recognizing that caring is central to achieve optimal patient care
- Provides relationship-based patient centered care that is
consistent with population specific characteristics (e.g. age,
gender, disease, etc.) in a manner that adapts service delivery to
reflect an understanding of cultural diversity
- Always partners with the patient and significant others (as
appropriate) using such appropriate method for setting and purpose
(e.g., bedside shift report; interdisciplinary rounds; just in time
and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient and significant
others updated and making the patient's goals the focus of the plan
- Practices using current clinical practice standards.Teamwork
- Coordinates the delivery and documentation of safe quality
patient care that promotes the professional care delivery model.
This includes, but is not limited to diverse and inclusive
interdisciplinary communication methods (interdisciplinary rounds,
case review, etc.); completion of timely documentation and
promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical environment
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing in a
manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the recruitment
and retention of all healthcare team members.
- Participates and supports performance improvement inclusive of
all stakeholders, research and research utilization to promote
safe, quality patient care including initiating and/or leading such
activities as well as, promoting an inter/intra-disciplinary
process and actively supports/participates in shared governance at
all levels in the system.Professional Development and Initiative:
- Completes all initial and ongoing professional competency
assessment, required mandatory education, population specific
- Serves as a preceptor and/or or mentor for other professional
nurses (and staff or students for all disciplines) to ensure that
there is a current and future qualified workforce; modeling the
professional practice of nursing and creating a healthy work
environmentEvidence Based Practice and Research:
- Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and
performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such
as value analysis as part of the decision making process in
evaluating patient care products.
- Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and
procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job
description and professional association including legal,
regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by
way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and WellStar
Health Systems' safety absolutes
- Participates in data collection, poses relevant clinical
questions to advanced evidence based practice. Consults appropriate
experts and uses appropriate resources and evidence to address
practice questions.Resources and Support:
- Proactively plans for the care of patients across the care
continuum in the course of giving direct patient care.
- Participates in the development of protocols and procedures
when called upon or through self-initiation in collaboration with
care managers and other members of the health care team to achieve
best practice outcomes (i.e., decrease in re-admission rates;
avoidable days; adverse events; etc.).
- Supports efficient and effective use of human and material
resources.QualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing:
Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of
nursing preferred.Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart
Association on the first day of employment in position.
- National certification in area of specialty preferred.Required
- Experience with direct patient care preferred.
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Chapel Hill , Unit PRN RN MedSurg, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...