Pharmacy Manager - Acute Care Clinical Services
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
UNC Medical Center is looking for a dynamic leader to join our acute care clinical team. This position will have direct oversight over acute care clinical services across the medicine, surgery, heart & vascular, emergency medicine, and psychiatry service lines. This position will have pharmacist oversight and lead clinical decision-making with the goal of improving patient care.The Pharmacy Manager for Acute Care Clinical Services will report to the Assistant Director of Pharmacy for Acute and Ambulatory Care Services. The primary role for the Clinical Manager will be the oversight of the acute care clinical pharmacist teams, which includes the adult acute care clinical practice settings. The Clinical Manager will oversee a dedicated staff of approximately 43 FTEs. Direct reports will include Clinical Pharmacists.
1. Leads the development of processes necessary for the smooth operation of their area of responsibility. Anticipates needs for pharmacy clinical and operations services and assumes a leadership role in meeting those needs.
2. Provides program level management as well as shift specific management in areas of responsibility. Performs supervisory responsibilities through selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and corrective action of staff.
3. Demonstrates active leadership internal and external to the Department of Pharmacy as an active member of pharmacy department committees, multidisciplinary hospital committees and/or professional association committees.
4. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance and customer satisfaction and implements processes to minimize waste. Builds and maintains relationships with key individuals and solicits feedback regarding pharmacy performance. Develops policies and standard operating procedures and/or clinical decision support in response to Clinical, Operational, Financial drug use needs. Prior to implementation of new policies and guidelines, ensures that appropriate communication and staff education have occurred.
5. Provides clinical or operational leadership through in-service programs and/or publications for health care providers on appropriate drug use, the medication use system, and/or drug policy.
6. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
7. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
8. Ensures and audits compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Supports the development of budgets and financial stewardship goals. Monitors financial and productivity performance and addresses variances in area of responsibility.
10. Demonstrates clinical or operational expertise through publications, presentations, committee activities, and/or program development related to improvement of patient care and advancement of pharmacy practice.
Other InformationOther information:
* PharmD or BS Pharmacy Degree.
* Active pharmacist licensure with the NC Board of Pharmacy or obtainable before initiation of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Three years pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Administration Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Pharmacy Manager - Acute Care Clinical Services, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!