Clinical Support Tech I (Per Diem) -Neurosurgery / Neurology Acute Care Unit - 6Neuroscience
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description Clinical Support Tech I (Per Diem)/ Nursing Assistant I needed for Neurosurgery / Neurology Acute Care Unit - 6 Neuroscience. This is a 32 bed unit that serves Neurosurgery and Neurology patients which includes a 7 bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. We are a true medical-surgical unit treating patients who have spinal and brain surgeries, brain tumors, stroke, seizures, and neuromuscular diagnoses such as Myasthenia Gravis, Guillian Barre Syndrome, and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. The CSTI is a dual role of the Nursing Assistant I and the Health Unit Coordinator.This is a Per Diem/ at-will position requiring the ability to work a minimum of 12 hours every 2 weeks; Shifts are for 12 hours, rotating day & night (7am-7:30pm & 7pm-7:30am) with weekend and holiday rotation. Self-scheduling is used to meet the needs of the unit and the staff. Must be able to complete required hospital orientation (Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-5:00pm).Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription, and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions.
1. Assists physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Critically reviews patient care documentation making note of any significant changes in the patient's condition and make an immediate report to a registered nurse or physician.
3. Provides a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to organizing and prioritizing workload, greeting and directing visitors, researching information as requested by nurses and physicians, reviewing orders for logic and clarity, revising orders as requested by the nurse, answering the telephone/ patient call lights, transcribing physician orders, and maintaining medical records. Performs routine quality assurance audits, safety checks, and inventory of supplies. Provides administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry.
4. Provides clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
5. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measures and records vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage.
6. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED
* Listed as Nurse Aide I Registry with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience and six (6) months of related nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to develop computer skills if not competent.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: 6 Neurosciences Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00Work Schedule: VariableLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Clinical Support Tech I (Per Diem) -Neurosurgery / Neurology Acute Care Unit - 6Neuroscience, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!