LPN-DPC Timberlyne Family Medical-8am-5pm
Company: Duke Health
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Duke Primary Care--Timberlyne Family Medical77 Vilcom Ctr Dr--
#200Chapel Hill-- 27514*For more details about this location, click
on the link----Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad
network of community-based clinics that offer family medicine,
internal medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400
providers in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest
primary care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more
than 750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021.Our Duke
Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults and
children, from sick visits to preventive care, health screenings to
immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease management.
Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral health,
diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health services.
Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a Primary
Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission.Our Duke Urgent Care
centers offer evaluation and treatment for minor illnesses and
injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when a patient--------s
primary care provider is not available. Services also include
certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric specialist is
available at select locations. Patients can walk in to one of our
nine urgent care centers located throughout the greater Triangle or
can schedule a virtual visit to receive care from the comfort of
home.Duke Nursing Highlights:--
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!--LPN-Duke Primary
Care-Timberlyne Family Medical-8am-5pm--DUKE HEALTH- DUKE PRIMARY
CARE is interested in hiring a talented, energetic, professional,
Licensed Practical Nurse who can multi-task, provide exceptional
customer service, is punctual and a team player.-- We offer
exceptional benefits and career growth opportunities with this
world-class healthcare provider.--If you are seeking new
opportunities and feel you are a great fit, please apply on the
website.-- Apply to requisition # 95069.-- We ask that you submit
an updated resume and include all of your healthcare experience.--
--Job SummaryAssume responsibilities for direct nursing care of
assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or
physician in patient care area. Administer medications and special
nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients. Provides
nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the
scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of
- Administer medications as prescribed by physician and employ
special nursing care techniques as required; administer intravenous
medications and fluids as directed; maintain required records.
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients
under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing
plan of care.
- Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for
evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the
performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and
patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and
selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general
policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical
comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance;
assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and
report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other
conferences within the service. Assist in the training of new
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein.--Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of scope of licensed practical nurse, ability to
delegate to nursing support staff.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of patients
and special procedures that apply to practical nursing.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and
prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support
requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Use fine motor skills.
- Record activities, document interventions.
- Use computer and learn new software programs.
- Navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Able to remain focused and organized.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are
applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic
health and safety precautions applicable to work in a
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other
regulatory requirements.--Duke Health Highlights:In addition to our
three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers.--Duke Primary Care--is the largest
primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family
medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in
nearly 30 locations throughout the region.Pre-employment Physical
Capacity TestingRequired: Click here for more information--Minimum
Qualifications--EducationWork requires graduation from an
accredited Practical Nurse program.--Experience--No experience
required.--Degrees, Licensures, Certifications--Current State of
North Carolina LPN licensure is required.---- Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. -- Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. --
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. --
Keywords: Duke Health, Chapel Hill , LPN-DPC Timberlyne Family Medical-8am-5pm, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...