Medical Assistant I Certified - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Description This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment
incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year
commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work
completed. Learn more here:
-Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.Summary: The Medical Assistant I,
Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to
providers and other health care team members in an outpatient
clinic setting. The Medical Assistant I, Certified works under the
clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities,
and under the general direction of the designated
manager/supervisor for non-clinical
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data,
including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to
patient's reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social
3. Reviews patient's current medication list, allergies and
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments,
examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction
of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires
any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies,
equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready
for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or
procedural instructions and/or educational materials as
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out,
appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the
direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or
Other InformationOther information:
--- Requires high school diploma or GED.
--- Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either
the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools
(ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
--- Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical
Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), American
Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA), or National Center for
Competency Testing (NCMA).
--- Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- Prior medical assistant or medical assistant externship
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
--- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as
--- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal
--- Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and
families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
--- Ability to use a computer to document required information into
the electronic medical record.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: -STATEEntity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM P M & R Amb Care -Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Medical Assistant I Certified - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!