IP Pharmacy Tech II
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by
reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is
carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral,
topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk
medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a
physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area
and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing
for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc.
using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance
with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply
correct medications for individual patients, according to
pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes
expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage
areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance
inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as
Other InformationOther information:
--- High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy
technician training program preferred.
--- Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a
PharmD program. -CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled
in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: -STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Pediatrics -Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Evening JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , IP Pharmacy Tech II, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!