Sonographer - Radiology Coley Hall - Chapel Hill - PRN
Company: Duke Health
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This position will be located at an off-campus site in Chapel
Hill, NC, Monday-Friday, No Holidays, No Call. - Perform a variety
of technical activities associated with the performance of
Sonography procedures. -This position must support the Ambulatory
Imaging Division and perform other duties as assigned and supported
by scope of practice. - Perform other related duties incidental to
the work therein.*No Weekends*No On-Call*No Holidays -General
Description of the Job ClassThis position will be located at an
off-campus site in Chapel Hill, NC, Monday-Friday, No Holidays, No
Call. -Perform a variety of technical activities associated with
the performance of Sonography procedures.This position must support
the Ambulatory Imaging Division and perform other duties as
assigned and supported by scope of practice. - Perform other
related duties incidental to the work therein.Minimum 2 years'
experience required. -Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform complex tasks associated with the operation of
sonography equipment and related equipment to produce specialized
images of specific body regions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing sonogram imaging
assessment and diagnostic procedures per established protocols,
policy, and patient safety standards and does not require
assistance from fellow technologists.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and
adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological,
diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to
accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and
medical history, and communicates findings to the Radiologist.
- Maintain adequate supplies; allowing for lead time when placing
- Ensure customer satisfaction and appropriateness of care for
all assigned patients. Thoroughly explains the procedures to
patients and allows time for questions and addresses concerns in a
professional and kind manner.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical
comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Communicate effectively with the patient and the health care
team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations
and patient's needs.
- Perform as a self-starter and takes the initiative to
proactively address situations before they arise or escalate.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task as needed and communicate
in a positive and efficient matter.
- Perform the quality control functions related to sonography and
notify appropriate personnel when issues arise and maintenance is
required. - Continually evaluate images for diagnostic
- Ensure safety is a top priority. - Addresses safety concerns
immediately and proactively works to identify and mitigate safety
risks within the working environment.
- Maintains safe practices and follows protocols for probe
- Ensure regulatory guidelines are adhered to and maintain
- Understand and use the Image Archival System
- Complete exam tracking/billing and charge reconciliation
accurately on a daily basis and is able to modify orders per
- Provide orientation and training to new technologists. -
- Assist with the daily operations of the Ultrasound Department
across the Ambulatory Platform.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical
- Establish and maintain productive ethical working relationships
with coworkers, referring providers and commercial agencies.
- Coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate patient care
is provided. -**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within
Radiology Services. There is a clinical ladder program with various
steps and opportunities within the health system. - -Required
Qualifications at this Level -EducationGraduate of a formal
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) is required (may substitute with ARDMS certification on or
before December 31, 2000)Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic
Medical Sonography is desirable. - -ExperienceDegrees, Licensure,
and/or CertificationCurrent compliance with Continuing Medical
Education (CME) requirements for specialty (ies) as appropriate.
-Level IMust obtain ARDMS certifications in the following (Abdomen,
OB/GYN, Vascular) as required by each entity within 18 months of
employment. -Level IIMinimum of two years' experience as a
Sonographer. -Level IIIA minimum of four years' experience within
specialty modality in which they are seeking promotionBLS
certification - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without
regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. - Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Chapel Hill , Sonographer - Radiology Coley Hall - Chapel Hill - PRN, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!