Medical Lab Tech - Core Lab - Night
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:This
position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Incentive Program
which includes a $5,000 Commitment Incentive. To learn more on the
incentive program guidelines and eligible positions, visit Performs
beginning level of patient testing and administrative tasks in
support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting.
Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using
standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves
specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and
control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test
results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or
Other Information Other information:
Associate's degree in Cilnical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical
Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Core Laboratory Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Night JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Medical Lab Tech - Core Lab - Night, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!