Clinical Lab Assistant
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Prepares patient specimens for analysis and/or provide technical
support for a specific clinical service or program.These positions
are temporary for 6 months, and offers long-term growth
opportunities. Schedules: Evening, 3:30pm - 12am; Overnight:
11:15pm - 7:45am; Three-Day Weekend: 7am - 7pm; Three-Day Weekend:
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers and/or laboratory
supervisor regarding specimen suitability, procedures, media
preparation or instrument function checks.
2. Investigates and troubleshoots problems with equipment,
procedures, specimens, reagents and/or workflow.
3. May assist in teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students,
Pathology residents, fellows, visiting scientists and/or new
4. May monitor daily operation of a specific clinical service or
5. May participate on teams or perform special
6. Performs specimen processing procedures. Provides quality
control and equipment maintenance.
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One (1) year of relevant experience.
* If Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Biological Science, no
experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Core Laboratory Work Type: Temporary Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: VariableLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Clinical Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!