Medical Lab Technician - Core Lab
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:This
position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Commitment
Incentive of $5,000. To learn more on the incentive program
guidelines and eligible positions, visit - -Performs beginning
level of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the
clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting.
Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using
standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves
specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and
control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test
results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or
Other InformationOther information:
--- Associate's degree in Cilnical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
--- If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
--- If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science,
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of
Certification (BOC) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: -STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Core Laboratory -Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Evening JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Medical Lab Technician - Core Lab, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!