Medical Technologist I - Transfusion Medicine
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:This
position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Incentive Program
which includes your choice of $10,000 Loan Forgiveness or $5,000
Commitment Incentive. To learn more on the incentive program
guidelines and eligible positions, visit - Performs a variety of
patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical
activities in the UNCHCS.Shift hours: 10:00am - 6:30pm M-F with
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens,
2. May participate on teams or perform special
3. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees. May serve as a
4. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the
5. Performs routine and less standardized test procedures which
includes special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory
tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Prepares specimens and reagents, solutions, heat, or filters as
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with
health care providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely
correction of errors.
Other InformationOther information:
--- Requires Bachelor's of Science degree. Must meet eligibility
requirements upon hire to sit for MT exam within 12 months of
--- Must become MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certified
within 12 months of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: -STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Transfusion Medicine Service -Work Type: Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Medical Technologist I - Transfusion Medicine, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!