Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: January 7, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Administers radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients.
Works includes assessment, intervention, calculations,
documentation and patient education. Works is performed under the
general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is
evaluated by conformance to standards and procedures.
1. Administers radiation therapy in accordance with physician's
instructions and the patient's treatment plan. Enters data into
computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and
2. Assists physicians, radiation oncologists, clinical physicists
and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects
of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient
condition and anatomy. Constructs patient immobilization devices as
ordered by physicians
3. Maintains patient and billing records, reports and files
according to department policies and procedures, including
information as radiation dosages, equipment settings, and patients?
4. Performs routine and complex radiation therapy treatments such
as total body irradiation, stereotactic radiosurgery, and low and
high brachytherapy according to established practices and
5. Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate
protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients,
self, and others. Performs quality assurance procedures per state
and federal guidelines.
6. Provides on-the-job clinical instruction and evaluation for
student radiation therapists.
Other InformationOther information:
- Graduation from a Radiation Therapy Technologist program
approved by the Council of Allied Health Education and
Accreditation (CAHEA).Licensure/Certification Requirements:
- Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Or Board Eligible (must receive
certification within one year of hire)Professional Experience
- No prior experience required.Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Radiation OncologyWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!