Technical Project Manager
Company: Alliance of Professionals & Consultants
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: April 13, 2019
Are you an experienced Technical Project Manager? If so, let s
talk! Our client is actively seeking a talented Technical Project
Manager to work at their location in Chapel Hill, NC. This is a six
month contract possibility of converting to perm. Job Overview:
experience with technologies with cloud/big data/python/java, rest
api s working/exposure of/architecture, education background of
computer science preferred. Well versed with conducting scrums,
sprint planning This position currently supports the development of
innovative data sharing platforms for biomedical research. A
typical day includes project planning, backlog review, stakeholder
communication, quality assurance, writing user stories, team
scrums, and working group meetings. The technical project manager
will be the process authority for his or her projects, manage
dependencies, and embed new processes to support the engineering
team. Key Responsibilities:
- Manages a variety of complex projects, ensuring smooth and
industry-standard execution of an Agile software development
- Leads project plans, executions, and finalizations of project
tasks and deliverables according to agreed-upon deadlines
- Deliver projects within budget by coordinating the efforts of
all team members and stakeholders according to the project plan and
- Reviews and prioritizes the backlog with the stakeholders
- Monitors team member s capacity and workload
- Prioritize sprint activities
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the stakeholders for
communications to and from the technical teams.
- Ensures appropriate approvals are in place for compliance.
- Work closely with the technical and scientific leads to develop
project plans, use case, and user stories
- Provide weekly project updates, retrospectives and planning
- Gathers requirements and assists with specifications and use
- Manages project communications and schedules.
- Coordinates activities with the project team including software
engineering, quality assurance, cloud operations, bioinformatics,
and IT security to highlight dependencies, manage risks, and ensure
- The project team may include remote subcontractors.
- Coordinates activities between the project team and outside
groups including, but not limited to: IT Services, Contracts,
Purchasing, Finance, University Research Administration, Legal, and
- Functions as the liaison between the project team, prime
sponsor, vendors, external collaborators, and leadership.
- Ensures delivery of project documentation and
- Proactively ensures the Director and other stakeholders are
aware of all challenge, risk, and issues and makes recommendations
- Facilitates change management process.
- Follows through with stakeholder acceptance. Requirements:
- Minimum four (4) years relevant project management
- Experience working on a small cross-functional team.
- Experience working on a scientific research team.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Scientific or technical writing experience.
- Experience leading a project with agile methodology
- Experience working with academic researchers preferred.
- Experience managing subcontractors preferred.
- Experience with HIPAA regulations preferred.
- Experience with information security regulations FISMA,
FedRAMP, or NIST preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders with a shared
deliverable or milestone
- Ability to inform and lead others to adopt updated processes in
order to meet objectives
- Ability to be an advocate for the engineering team with
- Degree in project management, computer science, engineering,
biology, or quantitative discipline or
- Scrum master, Agile Practitioner, and PMI certifications a
plus. Job Requisition # 28486 APC believes that the workplace
should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your
career! Meet APC Company Staffing 501 1000 employees APC is a
professional services organization focused on engaging people and
positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the
opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100
clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in
providing our employees with the highest level of customer service
and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding
experiences every day. APC is committed to creating a diverse work
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or
veteran status. Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo,
manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project
manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Chapel Hill , Technical Project Manager, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!