VP of Operations
Company: Healthcare/Hospitals/Clinics, Chapel Hill, NC
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: January 9, 2019
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for executive leadership of professional healthcare services in specified non-nursing functional areas.
The Vice President of Operations ensures that departments are integrated into the overall strategic goals of the organization, and support COMPANYH’s mission of patient care, research, education, and community service. He/she navigates the complexities of collaborating with a school of medicine/academic partner, and across reporting lines in a matrix organization.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
The Vice President of Operations is accountable for the following: Establishing direction and strategy for all areas of responsibility to optimally support COMPANYH’s strategic priorities.
Developing, leading, and mentoring a high-performance team, to assure high levels of quality in Professional Services departments. Assure an environment where staff are engaged, motivated, and supported to achieve their personal and professional best, and have opportunities for advancement.
Ensuring the development, monitoring and sustainability of the infrastructure required to achieve cost effective, high quality, state-of-the-art, efficient service delivery systems across functional departments.
Assuring ongoing implementation of service excellence strategies that distinguish COMPANYH’s performance in the marketplace and advance the organization’s position as provider and employer of choice.
Developing and implementing systems for working with clinicians to ensure optimal use of Professional Services.
Planning, forecasting and approval of expense budgets. Translating strategic plans and budget targets into operational action plans which guide resource allocation, to achieve the annual operating plan.
Participate in the development, recommendation and approval of the capital budget for COMPANYH.
Ensuring quality, safety, and service excellence for patients and employees via pro-active compliance with laws, rules and policy. Oversee audits to measure compliance performance relative to standards; develop and implement remediation action plans as required.
Actively participating with members of the Executive Leadership team to develop COMPANYH’s business strategies aligned with its overall mission, vision and values.
Directing leaders responsible for day-to-day operations in all areas of responsibility, including identifying and recommending operational changes as required to maintain quality, safety, efficiency and high levels of service. Qualifications • At least 7 years of progressively responsible healthcare management experience that provided the opportunity to demonstrate critical thinking, business acumen and at least three years directly overseeing Professional Services departments at an executive level.
• Demonstrated management experience through P&L accountability for overseeing multiple functional areas.
• Academic medical center experience with a full comprehension of the overt and nuance complexity of collaborating with a school of medicine/academic partner, and across reporting lines in a matrix organization preferred.
• Consistent and successful track record of performance in all areas of responsibility, coupled with strong credibility and reputation for delivering desired results. Broad knowledge and thorough understanding of the trends and forces shaping the healthcare delivery system and the provision of care, financing of treatment, and other emerging issues in healthcare management; engaged in key forums (UHC, AAMC, UHC, Advisory Board, etc.) to deepen expertise and bring best practices to the team.
• A track record of success in the selection, motivation, development, evaluation, recognition, and retention of competent and caring personnel.
• A champion of diversity, who can work effectively in an environment where different beliefs and ideas are appreciated, and proactively seeks leaders who represent a diverse community.
• An organized thinker and clear communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills.
• Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or related field. Clinical experience is preferred.
Keywords: Healthcare/Hospitals/Clinics, Chapel Hill, NC, Chapel Hill , VP of Operations, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!