Manager, Learning and Development
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Are you a person who is interested in working to save a life
everyday, making a tremendous contribution to your community, or
becoming part of someone's legacy? If so, HonorBridge is seeking a
positive, energetic, and highly motivated individual to join our
HonorBridge is the largest Organ Procurement Organization in North
Carolina. We partner with hospitals, transplant centers and other
partners to coordinate the organ and tissue donation process. We
are passionate about inspiring our community to register as organ
and tissue donors and provide support to the families of those who
give the gift of life
Due to growth, Honorbridge is recruiting for a Manager, Learning &
Development. This individual is responsible for designing,
coordinating, facilitating, and implementing training activities
throughout HonorBridge for clinical and non-clinical colleagues. A
high level of collaboration will be required with leadership
throughout the organization to ensure training needs and regulatory
compliance requirements are being met. Under the guidance of the
Director of Human Resources, this individual will research, design,
and implement effective methods to educate all colleagues. The
ideal candidate has a passion and devotion to building connections
that save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation and
possesses a minimum of 5 years of experience in program
development, training, and adult learning.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, direct, and analyze the effectiveness of HonorBridge's
Learning and Development program through department interactions to
ensure they incorporate best practices and adult learning
principles to deliver the highest quality training programs.
- Review, advise and assist in the development of material in
various formats to include, but not limited to, trainee manuals,
instructor guides, presentations, and case studies and reference
resources through a systematic approach of analysis, design,
language, efficient implementation, and evaluation.
- Hire, train and lead a team of Learning & Development
- Build caring and compassionate relationships
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication
- Collaborate with the Director of Human Resources and Leadership
Team to develop a dynamic learning and development strategy that
supports our business goals both today and in the future
- Lead and develop the curriculum for and facilitating and/or
directing the delivery of the organization's colleague education
programs and classroom learning experiences based on needs
identified through gap analysis.
- New Hire Orientation
- Preceptor Training Program
- Develops organizational strategies and practices for the
organization and translate into actionable initiatives and
follow-through to ensure HonorBridge develops and retains the best
- Enhances and modernize leadership and staff development to
ensure an accessible approach to learning and contributes to the
development of building a strong pipeline of talent readiness.
- Supports Director of Human Resources and the HR team in
building leadership capacity, driving performance management
process, along with supporting other cyclical HR processes.
- Hires, evaluates, and manages the Learning & Development
Specialists and related activities of the Learning and Development
program, including coordinating new hire orientation, annual skills
days, compliance programs, and maintenance of colleagues training
- Collaborates with department leaders to evaluate ongoing
program effectiveness to target specific areas for
- Partners with department leaders to establish and direct
department specific annual education plans to include competencies
for professional growth and development.
- Develops multi-media training opportunities using web-based
technologies, in-class lectures, defined clinical experiences and
- Manages the new colleague training process to discuss progress
updates, complete training file documentation, or schedule further
education in collaboration with managers and/or directors.
- Responsible for the maintenance of training files and
documentation in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Monitors, measures, evaluates, and reports on training program
effectiveness, training program content and participant
- Delivers and maintains a variety of initial and annual training
programs in accordance with all HonorBridge policies.
- Working with the Director of Human Resources, develops and
maintains policies and procedures related to training and
- Develops, manages, and improves training operations and
training materials for clinical staff including the development and
use of modules for clinical topics, and use of technology to
maintain modern training methods.
- Administers training programs and exams.
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuing
education programs for clinical staff to meet the mission, vision,
and values of HonorBridge.
- Develops and implements a system for ensuring clinical staff
- Performs periodic training performance evaluations of all staff
during the training period and ongoing to provide process
improvement, coaching and mentoring.
- Coordinates with each department Director/Manager to identify,
develop, and implement training programs.
- Oversees onboarding activities of all New Hire staff, and
coordinates as needed with Human Resources staff.
- Works in coordination with HonorBridge
supervisors/managers/directors to identify individual educational
needs. Identifies areas in which each staff person needs
improvement and communicates that information to the staff person
and the supervisor.
- Performs periodic on-site evaluation of staff to ensure each
person is meeting performance standards of HonorBridge.
- Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge of the organ and
tissue donation process including legal and ethical aspects of
- Some travel to local, regional, or national meetings
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience with program development, training, and
adult learning principles in a corporate environment required
- 2+ years of experience leading a team required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to master
the administration of a Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and working
relationships with senior leaders, peers, and customers.
- Proven self-directed, motivated contributor with a strong
initiative and ability to problem-solve effectively and
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication
skills, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in training and workshop facilitation
What's In It For You:
- A chance to save a life!
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- A matching retirement plan,
- Paid Sick and Vacation time
- Financial Finesse program
- Life Balance Account Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Growth
- Plus a lot more!
Keywords: Honorbridge, Chapel Hill , Manager, Learning and Development, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...