RN Patient Services Manager III Geropsychiatry / Crisis Stabilization and Perinatal Psychiatry Unit
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Patient Services Manager (PSM ) III needed for 4 NeurosciencesThe nurse manager position on Gero/Crisis Stabilization/Perinatal Psychiatry Unit (4 Neurosciences) includes 24/7 supervision and accountability for 3-adult psychiatry focused areas on one unit. In addition there is oversight for an outpatient/inpatient Electroconvulsive Therapy Clinic operating three days a week.4 Neurosciences is comprised of three adult units which serve specific mental health populations. Geropsychiatry is a 10-bed unit serving geriatric patients admitted for the management of multiple medical and mental health issues. Crisis Stabilization is a 15-bed unit with nursing care provided to patients hospitalized for stabilization during acute mental health episodes. Perinatal Psychiatry is a 5-bed unit solely focused on treatment of women with psychiatric disorders during pregnancy or post-partum.Summary:This position supervising large clinical units. Duties include ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensures adequate and appropriate clinic staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, medical support staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues. Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, ongoing unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Patient Care- Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals /paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
2. Human Resource Management- Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management- Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues- Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, Joint Commission, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrate current scientific evidence with standards of practice.
5. Quality Improvement- Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
6. Education- Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
7. Customer Satisfaction- Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particularly for vulnerable or at risk populations.
Other InformationOther information:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
* Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
* Professional certification (ANCC Magnet approved) relevant to Management, Leadership or Clinical Area is required within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Three (3) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: 4 Neurosciences Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , RN Patient Services Manager III Geropsychiatry / Crisis Stabilization and Perinatal Psychiatry Unit, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!