Vice President of Campus Operations
Company: Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Are you looking for a place where you are both challenged and
valued? Where you have an opportunity to make a real difference? At
Carol Woods, staff and residents work together to create the
community they desire, and our success is measured by the impact
that we make and the quality of life for everyone.Carol Woods, one
of the top employers the field of aging services and recognized as
a Great Place to Work -, embraces curiosity and collaborative
decision-making between the staff and the residents of our
community. We are guided by our commitment to inclusion,
sustainability and transparency and look for unexpected and
innovative approaches to solving problems in areas such as
affordability, customization, and resource scarcity.Do you want to
work with people who care about their work as much as you do? Are
you looking to make a difference in the community? Bring your
curiosity, experience, and passion for making things better and
join our team. -RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Successfully address
the work plan in a timely fashionOperational Functions:
- Ensure high quality -services from dining, housekeeping,
maintenance, facilities and grounds departments.
- Mentors reporting staff in professional development
- Sets expectations and holds reporting staff accountable to
agreed upon measures and timelines. -
- Identify and implement performance metrics and complete
performance improvement plans.
- Facilitates the exploration and implementation of
organizational systems to ensure operational effectiveness and
- Works with residents to bring resolution and closure to issues
that cannot be solved at the departmental level.
- Coordinates Perilous Weather Plan along with the Director of
Facilities and Capital Projects. During any inclement weather, this
person is one of the main coordinators and typically is on campus
until the campus is back to normal operations.
- Serves as the liaison from Carol Woods with Coventry HOA.
- Serve on staff and resident committees as appropriate and
- Coordinate review of program policies and procedures for
accuracy and revision.
- Review/maintain records and reports as necessary and
- Quality Improvement:
- Meet Corporate Compliance requirements as specified for the
organization, and affecting the operational departments.
- Serve on, or facilitate ad hoc groups as designated by the CEO
and/or Organizational Teams designed to improve the quality of
services offered to CWs residents.
- Fiscal Accountability. Wisely use CWs expendable and
nonexpendable resources by:
- Preparation of annual budget requests, including personnel and
- Monitoring monthly financial statements for designated cost
centers to assure budgetary compliance and spending trends.
- Organizational support:
- Participates in Board meetings as assigned.
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the Executive
Team in the planning and support of the organization in its
strategic imperatives. -
- Work with the organizations leadership to dissolve silos and
- Take ownership to resolve issues that affect the organization
(staff and resident experience) regardless of department while
- Maintain overview of all organizational functions to have a
greater understanding of the day-to day needs and prioritiesAll
other duties as assigned. -REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Bachelor's in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related
degree program - Master's preferred. -Experience:
- Five to seven (5-7) years' experience in the field of aging
services, health services management, or comparable
training/experience.Physical Requirements: -N/A
- Computer Skills
- Direction Setting
- Facilitation Skills
- Goal Oriented
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Project Management **ATTENTION APPLICANTS** - Effective
September 24, 2021 A s a condition of employment, Carol Woods
requires both the flu and COVID vaccines, subject to a documented
exemption that would have to be approved by Carol Woods. New
employees will be required to be fully vaccinated within five (5)
weeks of their start date.
Keywords: Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community, Chapel Hill , Vice President of Campus Operations, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!