Medical Assistant II Certified-UNCH Pain Management Center
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment
incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year
commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work
completed. Learn more here: Become part of an inclusive
organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is
to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we
The Medical Assistant II, Certified provides routine clinical and
administrative support to providers and other health care team
members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical
supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under
the general direction of the designated
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data,
including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient
s reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social
3. Reviews patient s current medication list, allergies and
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments,
examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction
of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires
any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies,
equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready
for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or
procedural instructions and/or educational materials as
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out,
appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the
direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or
16. Additional Essential Responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical
Assistant II may include: -Precepts new medical
assistant/credentialed medical assistant hires and medical
assistant externs-Trains other medical assistants in clinic
procedures-Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health
measures for a panel of patients.-Performs clinic based quality or
safety role (ex. clinic safety coordinator, maintains immunization
or medication registry, performs medication, or other required
audits) -Manages clinic supply ordering
Other Information Other information:
Requires high school diploma or GED.
Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools
(ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical
Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National
Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association
Professional Experience Requirements:
Possess at least one year of full-time experience as a Credentialed
Demonstrate possession of the competencies outlined in the
Credentialed Medical Assistant Advancement Worksheet through their
application and interview.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and
families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
Ability to use a computer to document required information into the
electronic medical record.
Job Details Legal Employer: STATEEntity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Pain Management Center Work Type: Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Medical Assistant II Certified-UNCH Pain Management Center, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!