Regional Claim Manager
Company: IFG Companies
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job BriefTo manage a team(s) of claim professionals who are
responsible primarily for handling primarily general liability and
excess claims along with some auto claims. Work with underwriting
partners to identify loss trends and product improvements.IFG
Companies, founded in 1985, is one of America's largest privately
held, property and casualty A-rated insurance groups in the United
States. As a private company, IFG is focused on profitable growth
through superior underwriting of a range of products and service to
its producers and insureds.Our greatest asset is our ever-expanding
network of talented team members. As our organization continues to
grow, we hope to fill open positions with forward-thinking and
leading individuals.The Regional Claim Manager will manage a
team(s) of claim professionals who are responsible primarily for
handling primarily general liability and excess claims along with
some auto claims. Work with underwriting partners to identify loss
trends and product improvements.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Staff to insure all claims fairly and timely resolved in
accordance with IFG Best Practices.
- Review loss notices and ensure assignment to appropriate
- Maintain diary on active files to ensure quality claim handling
including timely and appropriate coverage determinations, timely
and accurate reserving and appropriate plans of action in the
handling of the claim.
- Ensure appropriate processes and staffing are in place for
timely and efficient resolutions of claims.
- Review Reservation of Rights and Declination letters as
- Review and approve reserve and settlement authority requests
- Manage the relationships between IFG and vendors utilized to
assist in the adjustment of losses. Ensure that vendors are
providing quality and efficient services and make changes to
vendors as appropriate.
- Recognize and report to Senior Management serious loss
- Communicate with agents and underwriting on individual claim
issues and work to resolve any potential questions. Communicate
loss trends to underwriting as needed as well as recommendations
for product improvement.
- Maintain appropriate Adjuster's License and other non-resident
- Perform other duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years commercial property and casualty experience
with a concentration in commercial general liability claims.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Detail oriented with analytical ability
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage work
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Math aptitude
- CPCU, SLCA, CCLA designation a plusPHYSICAL DEMANDSPhysical
demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate
controlled, with minimal physical exertion. This position requires
prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions
with others in meetings or via phone. Some travel
required.BENEFITSWe offer a competitive compensation and benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible
spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life
insurance, long-term care, education assistance and paid time off,
including paid parental leave and a birthday holiday.IFG Companies
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Keywords: IFG Companies, Chapel Hill , Regional Claim Manager, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!