Director of Operations- RN
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for overall organization and financial management of
the care center, direction of care center operations and functions
according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Ensures
the enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement
of care center efficiency and fiscal success. Provides supervision
to the clinical manager(s) who ensure the delivery of quality care
to patients. Maintains the image of the care center in the
community, as well as state and national organizations.
- Ensures the care center's compliance with all regulations,
laws, policies and procedures. Educates all staff members about
state, federal, and accreditation requirements (as applicable).
Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding licensure and certification of care center personnel and
- Ensures that all services are billed as provided to the proper
payor source. Analyzes available reimbursement data, identifies
trends and initiates appropriate plans of action. Collaborates with
appropriate staff to complete billing adjustments and maintenance
of accurate records of these adjustments.
- Directs weekly business development and management team
meetings with all appropriate staff and other members of the
medical community to promote home health services. Meets budgeted
admission goals in collaboration with Business Development
- Provides input, guidance and feedback related to marketing
activities and care center marketing plan to ensure that goals for
growth are met. Participates in marketing activities.
- Oversees staff recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation and
guidance to ensure employment of qualified staff. Ensures that the
care center adheres to the company staffing model standard.
- Ensures adequate orientation of every team member assigned to
their care center.
- Assigns and directs staff with appropriate skills to perform
duties. Coaches, directs and encourages staff through use of formal
and informal means. Provides leadership planning for staff
education programs, administrative/staff meetings, in-services, and
encourages continuous education and staff development for all team
members.Sets positive, attainable expectations, objectives and
goals for the care center.
- Handles necessary employee corrective action and discipline
issues objectively, in consultation with HR.
- Uses knowledge, experience, and other resources as necessary to
make logical decisions, solve problems, analyze work processes and
make suggestions for improvement.
- Develops care center budgets in coordination with the Area Vice
President of Operations.
- Responsible for care center financial and clinical performance
along with delivery on key metrics within established budget.
- Ensures implementation of a performance improvement program to
drive quality care, positive patient outcomes, and address negative
trends. Ensures issues and deficiencies identified during internal
or external surveys or audits are addressed and corrected.
- Collaborates with the Area Vice President of Clinical
Operations in implementation of clinical operations standards and
- Responsible for the delivery of care for all patients served by
the care centers by providing supervision and support to the
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call,
preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and HIPAA/Privacy
Program, Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Participates in activities associated with the management of
workplace health and safety. Identifies and reports health and
safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at
- Provides oversight and approval of payroll, ensures agency is
operating in accordance with current pay practices.
- Ensures care center operations are processed in accordance with
work flow standards.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees
accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives.
Executes effective performance redirection when needed. Develops
employees through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job
training and development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. #amedisys
- Associates degree in Business or Clinical related
- Two (2+) years' home care experience and at least one year of
supervisory experience or two (2+) years' experience in
leadership/management in health care, home health or hospice.--
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Clinical related field and
Licensed Clinical Professional.
- Home health experience.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
or other health care professional specific to that state the
employee is assigned to work by the company. Amedisys is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Chapel Hill , Director of Operations- RN, Executive , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!