Senior Automation Engineer
Company: Trimble Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Since our founding in 1983, TMW Systems has become the nation s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, oil & energy, retail, wholesale, food & beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service providers with higher efficiency, greater visibility and improved responsiveness. Our expanding product range covers operations, dispatch, finance, business intelligence, process optimization, routing and scheduling, asset maintenance and a variety of cloud-based applications and services. We serve over 3,000 distinct customers in commercial and private transportation sectors, from trucking and distribution to 3PLs, construction fleets, municipal and waste management fleets, plus fuel & energy. Our most valued business asset continues to be our Associates--high-performing professionals with exceptional capability, creativity and ingenuity. Our people demonstrate strong dedication to their own success and that of TMW Systems, Inc.
As a Sr. Automation test engineer, this candidate will evaluate and understand our current state of testing and drives change across the organization to increase test automation and improve our overall testing practices. This role includes development of test strategies for test automation and manual verification and external validation. This individual will oversee and direct test development processes including: designs, reviews, implementations, and test execution. This candidate will work closely with other teams to build and maintain testing infrastructure and tooling. This individual will periodically review how our test strategy aligns with the latest available technologies and industry trends
The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented and will continuously strive to administer, improve and automate our software testing, as well as applications that aid in validation and testing. He will drive the implementation of automated testing across TMW divisions.
* Experience in design & build test harnesses for Automation Testing
* Experience in design/Architect test automation framework and develop the new test automation libraries
* Experience in using various automation tools like Ranorex, Selenium, or QTP
* Working experience of Jira
* Participating in Agile working practices such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews & retrospectives
* Experience building automation test scripts for both web based and desktop applications
* Design & execute Regression Test suite using frontend & backend test scripts
* Design and Develop the Automated solution for Smoke Testing for various repeatable tests.
* Implement QA process and Automated testing for all the work streams to improve the overall testing cycle
* Participate in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously.
* Be a part of an ongoing effort to bring new testing knowledge into the team
* Assist with test plan articulation, planning, and management of individual testing events.
* Identify and capture test data to support the test cases defined by the testing team
* Leverage the testing process and test tool kit to create reusable test assets.
* Test Environment set-up/management, monitoring and streamline release management to QA Environment
* Participate in multiple meetings with IT owners, business owners and product or team members.
* Prior experience of working with offshore development teams and build work plans
* Build and configure new interfaces to support testing activities
* Strong familiarity with the software configuration management systems and or source code version control systems, Knowledge of tools and technologies used in Continuous Integration and Deployment
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills with at least 1 year work experience related to build automation
* Strong understanding of automated testing for web based API such as REST and Web Services
* Solid understanding of Quality Assurance best practice principles
* Develop and maintain feature files and automated test scripts
* Analyze and resolve system problems quickly and efficiently
* In depth knowledge of database Interface and SQL
* Good Understanding of Object Oriented design
* Experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development (TDD
* Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 7, 8 and 10 in 32 & 64 bit
* Experience with the installation and configuration of .Net software
* Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees
of technical experience
* Experience with IIS server
* Excellent problem solving skills
* 5-7 years experience with atleast 3 of those years in Software development is strongly preferred
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
* Having Ranorex and JIRA experience is a plus
* Design, develop and execute manual and automated functional, integration, and regression tests
TMW Systems is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
TMW Systems Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of TMW via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of TMW. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TMW as a result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Chapel Hill , Senior Automation Engineer, Engineering , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!