Lead Cloud Ops Engineer
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Lead Cloud Ops Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Operations Engineer to take
ownership of our Azure cloud infrastructure and secure the
availability of applications used by our new generation of SaaS
product portfolio. This includes functional and technical design,
investigation and correction, application deployment and
- Design, maintenance, and administration of infrastructure and
applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Continuous collaboration with other team members and other
teams distributed geographically.
- Design, Deploy and Manage Azure Kubernetes services - AKS.
- Design Helm charts and define the policies and procedures for
operational cloud environments.
- Designing and maintaining segregated cloud environments for
development, testing, and production.
- Resource monitoring and adjustments.
- Event / issue investigation through system and application
logs, services, etc.
- Design, validation, and execution of backup tasks and DR
- Collaborate with Director of Cybersecurity on regular security
monitoring and identification of possible security issues, and
implementation and maintenance of security controls.
- Assist developers and support in investigation and
troubleshooting of hosting-related product issues.
- Maintain service level agreements (SLA) for cloud-based SaaS
- On-call coverage might be required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, or combination of 10+ years of equivalent
professional experience and professional certifications.
- Minimum 4+ years of work experience with Microsoft Azure or any
- Strong knowledge and work experience with AKS (Azure Kubernetes
Service) and Docker.
- At least one cloud related certification.
- 3+ years of working experience in scripting languages (JSON,
YAML, PS, Python) and IaC.
- Experience designing and operating cloud-based CI/CD
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience designing and maintaining IaC.
- Strong analytical skills, problem determination, attention to
detail, team work, and excellent communication skills.
- Strong English speaker.
- Experience managing an operations team is a plus.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe s Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ s, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let s get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email to
request an accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our
people are an integral part to the success of our customers.
Furthermore, we re committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create
Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural
Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We re passionate about our
customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible
company as we help create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Chapel Hill , Lead Cloud Ops Engineer, Engineering , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!