Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: March 7, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Ensures accurate coding, recording and reporting of financial data for the UNC Health Care. Monitors accounting activity to ensure adherence to budgets and other regulatory requirements.
1. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning.
2. Manages specific funds including preparing all reports, explanations, and schedules. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
3. Monitors accounting transactions for accuracy and consistency. Reconciles data from subsidiary systems to General Ledger.
4. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate. Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets, goals and objectives.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB and FASB. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
6. Processes journal entries including approval and correction of entries
7. Assists with annual audit with supervision
8. Assist with ACFR with supervision
Other InformationOther information:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
* If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of experience in accounting.
* If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience in accounting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Strong analytical skills.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Accounting Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:Chapel HillExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
here to apply!